Welcome

Welcome! I'm so glad you stopped by today! If you're inspired by what you see, I invite you to follow along via one (or more) of the options on the side bar below.


Saturday, August 2, 2014

Inspired by . . . His ways

 

 

 

Clouds_Bonhoeffer

 

“In me there is darkness,

But with You there is light;

I am lonely, but You do not leave me;

I am feeble in heart, but with You there is help;

I am restless, but with You there is peace.

In me there is bitterness, but with You there is patience;

I do not understand Your ways,

But You know the way for me.”

“Lord Jesus Christ,

You were poor

And in distress, a captive and forsaken as I am.

You know all man’s troubles;

You abide with me

When all men fail me;

You remember and seek me;

It is Your will that I should know You

And turn to You.

Lord, I hear Your call and follow;

Help me.”

~Dietrich Bonhoeffer, Letters and Papers from Prison

 

Shalom,

Blog_Signature

 

 

Sharing inspiration here:

Sandra Heska King - Still Saturday

8 comments:

  1. I didn't know this author before but after reading this quote you've choosen, fascinated by his words, I've made a research on the web and now I 'm very glad to know him, thank you so much, my dearest June, you're so special and you don't hide it, when you publish your photographs, your own words, never and ever, and I like to come and visit you here so much for this <3
    Have a blessed weekend
    xox
    Dany

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, June, for this Bonhoeffer excerpt. I don't remember reading it before. It is even more meaningful when you know it was written from prison.
    your neighbor on Sandra Heska King's Still Saturday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. Proof that only God's spirit can bring true peace and that He is sovereign over everything...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Most excellent! Thank you for introducing this author to those not acquainted with his work (me). I've heard the name, but have never read him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a prayer life Bonhoeffer must have had while imprisoned, June. Makes me wonder what my 'letters and papers' would look like if I were to come upon the same fate ...

    A real cause for pause here tonight, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was beautiful, June. I've never heard of this author so thanks for sharing. And it really spoke to me for a particular reason . . . a difficult morning. But God showed me the way. Much love. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Every time I hear of him, know of him, he enters my heart. It has been that way for about 40 years after I truly was with the Lord and truly studying the history that could indicate spiritual contacts. He is in heaven, and was executed in prison [April 9, 1945 3 months before I was born [July 9, 1945]. The Lord used him significantly then and around and about the world now. I'm also a "cloudy" lady, so seeing this photo just grabbed me. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know of Bonhoeffer - a saint of God who was eventually martyred for his beliefs during WWII. Knowing this, it adds so much to the plaints of his soul. I love that God listens to the deepest groanings and heartaches - and that He responds with His presence and love.

    GOD BLESS!

    ReplyDelete

If you read something here that inspired you, I’d love to hear about it. Please know I appreciate every comment! Thanks so much for stopping by! Blessings, June