Welcome

Welcome! I'm so glad you stopped by today! If you're inspired by what you see, I invite you to follow along via one (or more) of the options on the side bar below.


Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Inspired by . . . the cloud gazer

 

Yesterday was a gift.

After spending the previous day making birthday cakes for my grand-twins {which I’ll share more about in an upcoming post} I was blessed to have most of the day yesterday to recover. Which meant, in part, spending the day on my front porch cloud-gazing. I’m not one to be idle, so this is a pastime in which I do not often engage. The body, however, over-rules the mind at times, and bending over a table decorating flowers and sharks, well, let’s just say my back was talking louder than my to-do list!

 

Cloud_Stack

 Also can any understand the spreadings of the clouds, or the noise of His tabernacle? Job 36:29

 

It occurred to me at some point during the afternoon that I’ve always been a cloud-gazer. I have several distinct memories from my childhood of azure skies filled with large, billowy white clouds. I can remembering seeing a Chinese dragon over Newbury, Vermont one hot summer day after hiking to the overlook above the town with my family. I also have a clear memory of billowing clouds forming a backdrop to two jet airliners that were headed directly toward each other over Harvey’s Lake one brilliant summer day. Of course the adults on the boat with me knew that the planes were not traveling at the same altitude, but I still cringed when their paths intersected in the sky. {and this was pre-9-11}

 It seems I have a tendency to look upward.

 

Cloud_Sunrays

Dost thou know the balancings of the clouds, the wondrous works of Him which is perfect in knowledge? Job 37:16

 

It’s funny what you remember, isn’t it? As I get older, I seem to be remembering more of the past and less of the present, lol!

I find I am more apt to stay with a memory and play it through than I used to be. Some memories have become  safer over time.

I’m learning a lot about myself.

For instance, God is showing me how He has used circumstances and people in my life to shape me into the, still, less-than-perfect, cracked jar of clay that I am today.

I hold more water than I used to. Or, better said, more of His spirit.

 

Angel_Trumpet

Behold, He cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see Him, and they also which pierced Him:

and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of Him. Even so, Amen. Rev 1:7

 

 

I still have a long way to go.

 

Blessings,

Blog_Signature

 

Note: The, always inspiring, Sharon at Sharon Sharing God shared a profound and beautiful post about being sculpted earlier this month. You can read it here.

 

Sharing inspiration here:

TestimonyTuesdayLinkUp

PlayDatesGod

12 comments:

  1. Oh my ... a cloud-gazer. And a capturer of these ever-changing mysteries.

    This, I love!

    Hugs, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this phrase, "It seems I have a tendency to look upward."
    If your tendency is to look Upward, you're going to be all-right! :)
    Thanks for sharing your quiet, cloud gazing moments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pictures of clouds. Thank you for the reminder to look up and see what God is painting for us to see!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me too, sister. Funny, I just wrote one about clouds a few weeks ago. I too remember things in detail from childhood, things that just came back to me as I pondered. What a gift. Thanks for using yours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a cloud gazer as well. My grandchildren are too! We also enjoy "reading" kudzu and all the mythical figures it takes. "Look up! Our redemption draws near!" Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! I noticed your post at one of the blog link-ups & am so glad I stopped in. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! Those first two are especially beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous cloud captures. Oddly, I have one that is almost an exact copy of your second shot! Your scripture pairings are perfectly matched.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Since ever I've also been fascinated by clouds, as a child I also saw figures in them, but, that's so true, as adults we see that the sky talks us about God !
    With much love
    Dany

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am always watching the sky because it changes so quickly, sometimes. I find all the different shapes and curls so amazing. And I'm amazed that God shares such beauty with us. We all have a lot of work to be done on us by the Spirit--we just need to yield.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are beautiful pictures, June! It's so good to sit and rest a spell from time to time. Especially when you can do it in view of such grandeur. Thanks for linking up to Testimony Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOEV, LOVE, LOVE clouds. I could spend all day looking at huge puffy clouds, or gazing into cloud filled sunsets. Lovely post!

    ReplyDelete

If you read something here that inspired you, I’d love to hear about it. Please know I appreciate every comment! Thanks so much for stopping by! Blessings, June