Welcome

Welcome! I'm so glad you stopped by today! If you're inspired by what you see, I invite you to follow along via one (or more) of the options on the side bar below.


Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Inspired by . . . 2doz roses

 

He buys me flowers simply because . . .

 

Roses_kk_pumpkingrunge

kk_pumpkingrunge

 

. . . he knows they bring me JOY.

 

Rose_drybrushfilter

PSC drybrush filter

 

He is the sweetest man in the world.

 

Roses_Abstract2_kk_phoebe

kk_phoebe

 

An example of a man who, “love{s with} sincere, a pure, an ardent, and constant affection, and that notwithstanding the imperfections and failures that she {his wife} is guilty of.”**

 

Rose_kk_paperstained

kk_paperstained

 

Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.
For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and He is the saviour of the body.
Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.
Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave Himself for it; Eph 5:22-25

 

This is one of the most misunderstood, often flat out rejected, passages of scripture. Some of the biggest spiritual battles are fought over these two little words, “Wives, submit.” And every time a woman rejects them, the devil wins a victory.  Because it is not about us.

 

This passage holds the key to life.

 

Roses_Abstract1_OldWorldCharm3

Abstract pdpa_oldworldcharm3

 

Won’t you take some time, today, to read these scriptures, in context with an open heart and an open mind?

Paul’s exhortation does not begin with v. 22. Read what comes before.

Read what comes after.

Ask God to speak to your heart. To reveal the mystery.

And, most importantly, ask Him to give you the desire

to obey.

 

Blessings,

Blog_Signature

**taken from Matthew Henry’s commentary on Ephesians 5:25

 

Sharing inspiration here:

Coffee-for-Your-Heart-150   Thought-Provoking-Thursday-Button


14 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos, beautiful sentiments. Thank you for sharing both, June.

    GOD BLESS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Understanding how much Christ loves the church and the model He is for a marriage, it becomes easier to live in that kind of love, a love that the world doesn't really understand.
    Beautiful pics ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. June ... that first masterpiece brings to mind a trip to a fabulous art museum. I just want to sit and soak the beauty in. Deep.

    What a gift in the midst of a very busy day. Thank you, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. the images you shared today are so very beautiful!!! being happy and feeling fullfilled in a marriage is the best feeling in the world. i have been blessed with a wonderful marriage as well. 36 years blessed because we are equal partners, equal in every way. our beliefs are different but we have both achieved happiness and that's all that matters!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So gorgeous! Oh, your photos are just too lo0vely for words...even the abstract! And I love your Bible verse and inspiring message. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My fav verses.....and those are some beautiful flowers, dear friend..

    Headed back your direction. Boy do I have a location for a novel for you....

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sweet of your husband to bring you roses! Lovely shots!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love what you did with these roses, give of heart and love. I celebrate with you the love of husbands.

    ReplyDelete
  9. HI June, I love that the gift of your husband's roses caused you to reflect on the exhortation to submit to our husbands. Lovely, Amy

    ReplyDelete
  10. So lovely, June. Such a sweet hubby to buy you flowers. I have a good one like that too. We're blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such beautiful roses. My hubby brings wild flowers because they are my favorite. I want to love and submit to my husband like God intended. I often wonder if it's easier when our husband's love us like Christ loves the church. It seems easy.but would it if my husband was demanding or harsh. God doesn't specify though, does He? I hope I can always desire to obey God's plan for marriage. ~Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning pictures! Great way to start my weekend after my kids have been home all week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super duper sweet!! I love "just because" flowers.

    ReplyDelete

If you read something here that inspired you, I’d love to hear about it. Please know I appreciate every comment! Thanks so much for stopping by! Blessings, June