Welcome

Welcome! I'm so glad you stopped by today! If you're inspired by what you see, I invite you to follow along via one (or more) of the options on the side bar below.


Monday, April 13, 2015

Inspired by . . . Life thru My Lens 16:52

 

I love this time of year with it’s perfect temps and increased daylight. All of which = increased time spent outdoors.

If it wasn’t for the rain, my house would never get cleaned.

Seriously, if I had my druthers I would live outside, specifically in a tree. Yes, a tree house is dream of mine.

Someday.

Late last week I posted pictures of our glorious red, white and bluebonnets!  As well as some other roadside wonders.

Today, I’d like to take you on a walk around my humble abode and show you what’s blooming here.

I was delighted to learn that these sweet little blooms are Wild Garlic.

 

Wild_Garlic

 

I spotted this False Nightshade while chasing . . .

 

False_Nightshade

. . . and capturing, this Checkered White butterfly.

 

Checkered_White_Butterfly2

 

These guys really flit around - you have to be very sneaky, and have a good zoom to catch them! Can you see how his {or her?} body looks almost blue-ish? They are so pretty!

 

Checkered_White_Butterfly

 

I also saw this Painted Lady.

 

Painted_Lady_Butterfly

 

While I was chasing butterflies, Kitty was doing what she does best.

 

Kitty_Wildflowers

 

Hiding out and annoying the Mockingbird. Poor guy. I’m sure he was hoarse by the time we headed for home.

 

MockingBird

 

We have Prairie Verbana everywhere. Some may consider it common.  I disagree.

 

Prairie_Verbana

 

Here are a couple of other “commoners” that I find extra-ordinary. The Prairie Fleabane and . . .

 

Prairie_Fleabane

 

. . . what I think is Slender Stem Bitterweed, in an image I shared on Sunday.

 

OurFaith1John5

 

The scripture is from 1 John 5:4 and the truth of it is something that I am learning more deeply and more profoundly each day.

The sweet Phoebe was there to welcome Kitty and I home.

 

Eastern_Phoebe

 

I’m pretty sure the pair are nesting again this year. They have stopped waking me up every morning with their mating calls, so I think we are into the next phase, egg laying. I hope to be around for the fledging! Their nest is tucked up under the eaves at the back of the cottage. There’s no way for me to get a picture of the babies in the nest without upsetting mom and dad. {learned that last year} So I have to be content to wait until the little ones start flying around.

My favorite wildflower, the Blue-eyed Grass, wasn’t blooming for some reason. All the little blossoms had closed up. It was a little cool, so that may have been the reason.

So for the finale, the Grey Virvain. A sweet little flower, easily overlooked. So dainty and precious, they’re worth looking out for.

 

Grey_Vervain

 

Dear friends, my prayer for each of you today

is that you will pause to experience

God in His creation.

And that in doing so,

you may find peace.

 

Shalom,

June

 

Sharing inspiration here:

LTTLButton Little by Little

NatureNotes

11 comments:

  1. Gorgeous photos!
    Please come share them at this week's Wordless Wednesday (on Tuesday) here:
    http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2015/04/cat-on-ladder.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. June, thank you for blessing us with these images. I've never seen a butterfly like that before, so what a treat! I'm like you, I'd prefer to live outside. Unfortunately, we are expecting much rain this week. :( But once it's gone, the blooms are going to be that much prettier.

    ReplyDelete
  3. June, these shots are jaw dropping. Extraordinary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty butterflies. At first glance I thought it a Cabbage White. Love the flowers and birds too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the beautiful flowers.. And the butterflies are lovely too. Gorgeous captures and post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love all your photos - I'd love to be your shadow someday : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. june i am so there with you...would so rather be outside in the garden than cleaning. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am like you. I am outside as much as possible. You have a wonderful spring so far and I enjoyed my tour.... Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you, Sue! I've bookmarked your meme and look forward to linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We've had so much rain here, everything is a jungle! And, yes, the blooms are even prettier! I loved those macros you posted the other day, and linked to your post in my latest blog post. Your images reveal God's character - always such an inspiration, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, thanks, Elizabeth! That's the same reaction I have whenever I visit your place, lol ! Have a wonder-filled week!

    ReplyDelete

If you read something here that inspired you, I’d love to hear about it. Please know I appreciate every comment! Thanks so much for stopping by! Blessings, June