Welcome

Welcome! I'm so glad you stopped by today! If you're inspired by what you see, I invite you to follow along via one (or more) of the options on the side bar below.


Saturday, April 11, 2015

Inspired by . . . thoughts on faith

 

 

OurFaith1John5

 

God has been teaching me a lot about faith. Sometimes He speaks through His word, sometimes He speaks through circumstances, and sometimes He speaks through His children.

 

I believe faith grows, when given the proper conditions, and I believe those conditions look an awful lot like worries

and sorrows and grief and pain and long, dark stretches where God is nowhere to be found.

I don’t know why it works like that.

I don’t know why it can’t be that faith grows best in sunshine.

Perhaps it’s because if a thing is to grow well it needs roots that reach down deep and that hold on tight,

and all that root-growing takes place in the dark, dormant, worm-infested underbelly of the crust of the earth—

places the light of day just can’t reach.

I think, perhaps, the evidence of faith blooms in the sunlight as soft,

vibrant petals that clap and cheer.

But, the hard-won growth that matters and that holds,

is the growth that happens in the dark. – Deidra Riggs

 

Blessings,

June

 

Sharing inspiration here:

#GiveMeGrace

12 comments:

  1. Those are some beautiful words from the lovely, Deidra Riggs. Thank you so much for sharing them with us, June. Much love to you. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wise words. Reminds me of the trees in the Biosphere that kept dropping branches seemingly for no reason... till they figured out it was the lack of wind that caused the trees to be strong enough to do what God designed them to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How interesting! I'm continually amazed at how much we can learn about God and His ways from nature. It's where He speaks to me the loudest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you're having a great weekend, Beth!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great wisdom for me to chew on today.Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing re: Deidra. I've blessed to spend a bit of time with her since we're only 50-ish miles apart. That's a blessing. AND she is a blessing! AND with sharing this, YOU are a blessing. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Encouraging words, June. I'm going through some dark times at present, and I know we are constantly being tested and pruned, so I hope I can come through this with more patience and faith worth more than gold.

    ReplyDelete
  8. June, thank you for passing on these lovely words of Deidra. Yes, it does seem to be true - faith grows most when times are tough. I suppose it's when we are at the end of our ropes that we find the knot to hold on to - Jesus.

    "Pain insists upon being attended to. God whispers to us in our pleasures, speaks in our consciences, but shouts in our pains. It is his megaphone to rouse a deaf world." - C.S. Lewis, The Problem of Pain



    May we always be listening for His voice.


    GOD BLESS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's one of those quotes I have to come back to, Barbie. It seems there's always more to chew on! So good to see you here!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Time with Deidra, now that is a blessing! Hoping to be blessed that way myself one day! Thanks for stopping by, Joanne!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Don't lose hope, Hannah! I love what Corrie ten Boom said, "When a train goes through a tunnel and it gets dark, you don't throw away the ticket and jump off. You sit still and trust the engineer." I'm praying that God will encourage you today, dear one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for joining the conversation, Sharon. Always good stuff! That is one of Lewis' works that I haven't read yet, but it's in the que! Have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete

If you read something here that inspired you, I’d love to hear about it. Please know I appreciate every comment! Thanks so much for stopping by! Blessings, June