Welcome

Welcome! I'm so glad you stopped by today! If you're inspired by what you see, I invite you to follow along via one (or more) of the options on the side bar below.


Saturday, July 25, 2015

Inspired by . . . it’s a bird’s life

We have two large, north-facing windows in our cottage. Their gaze sweeps over a small side yard, down the hill into the low-hanging branches of a large oak tree, and up over the tree tops into the pale blue of the north sky.

The side yard, while still quite open, is graced by an encroaching canopy of oak limbs stretching, here to the east and there to the west. Much of it remains shaded throughout the day with the cottage blocking the sun to the south.

It is in this little side yard that I chose to place my bird feeders.

One can see out these windows from nearly every place in the cottage. The windows act as a bit of a bird-blind, as long as I stay far enough back, and I delight in watching the antics of the birds and other critters.

Last month, I shared some squirrel yoga - -

on Facebook and Instagram, but this post is all about the birds!

 


Northern Cardinal

 


Carolina Chickadee

 

     


Immature Carolina Wren - getting a leg up

 


Immature Black-crested Titmouse

 


Immature Female Northern Cardinal

 


Immature Male Northern Cardinal

 


White-winged Dove

 

Every once in a while you see something new. I was delighted to catch this immature golden-fronted woodpecker {female} cooling off in the birdbath!

 




 My! what a large beak you have!

 

It’s interesting, the more you observe, the more you will see distinct personalities and behaviors appear. I never tire of observing nature. Sometimes we can learn more about ourselves by looking outward.

 

A bird doesn't sing because he has an answer,

he sings because he has a song.

~Joan Walsh Anglund, A Cup of Sun, 1967

 

Have a wonder-filled day,

Blog_Signature

 

Note: If you’re having a problem with BWC’s {Bird-Window Collisions},  I found this ad in my latest copy of Bird & Bloomsabirdseyeview.com

BWC’s are the largest human-caused factor in bird mortality.

{Links are FYI only, this blog is not monetized}

 

Sharing inspiration here:

Our_World_Tuesday     NatureNotes

Wild Bird Wednesday

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you read something here that inspired you, I’d love to hear about it. Please know I appreciate every comment! Thanks so much for stopping by! Blessings, June