Welcome

Welcome! I'm so glad you stopped by today! If you're inspired by what you see, I invite you to follow along via one (or more) of the options on the side bar below.


Sunday, July 19, 2015

Inspired by . . . good gifts

A walk to the waterspout can become holy communion if one has eyes that see and ears that hear. Sometimes, when we get it right and open ourselves to the Father, time becomes suspended in that mysterious place between heaven and earth. We can step, as it were, into that fourth dimension. We can, even if it’s just for a moment, hear, see and sense everything that surrounds us.

The slow bake of the summer sun envelopes me like cocoon. I wonder, is this how it felt in the womb, when God was knitting me together? Warm, swaddled, safe.

These are the thoughts swirling in my mind when I see her.

Royalty, flitting around a mass of wildflowers.

 

QueenButterfly_Butterflyweed

 

My heart begins a slow dance as I pause to watch.

His voice comes low and soft, like a slow moving stream. “Isn’t she beautiful.” His words echo my own thoughts, but then . . .

“I made her for you. For this moment.”

Suddenly the veil is lifted, and all around me I see the glitter of diamonds and rubies, sapphire and emerald. The flash of gold and a milky rainbow of pearls.

The glint of sun on a dragonflies wing. The flash of the red bird flying through the trees. The sky above and the earth below. The golden butterflies and the rainbow upon which they drink.

 

Collage_Treasures

All created for me . . .

for you . . .

for us.

Do you see?

***

Would any of you who are fathers give your son a snake when he asks for fish?

Or would you give him a scorpion when he asks for an egg?

As bad as you are, you know how to give good things to your children.

How much more, then,

will the Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him!"
Luk 11:11-13

 

Blessings,

Blog_Signature

Sharing inspiration here:

#GiveMeGrace

#TellHisStory

Holly Barrett

PlayDatesGodThought-Provoking-Thursday-Button

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you read something here that inspired you, I’d love to hear about it. Please know I appreciate every comment! Thanks so much for stopping by! Blessings, June