Welcome

Welcome! I'm so glad you stopped by today! If you're inspired by what you see, I invite you to follow along via one (or more) of the options on the side bar below.


Thursday, August 20, 2015

Inspired by . . . Life thru My Lens 34:52

Looking back I was surprised to see that it’s been nearly a month since I’ve shared on any nature/bird memes.  August has been a busy month for us. We took a short trip to cooler climes and, as sometimes happens with time away, the before and after was a bit hectic.

I’m looking forward to sharing some of our mini-adventure with you, but for now, here is what’s been happening around the cottage.

I’m not at all happy with the abundance of Bambis this year due to the havoc they are wreaking on my flower beds. They have a particular appetite for blossoms and tend to pull things up roots and all. . . but still, it is hard not to find them endearing.

 

Bambi_Birdbath

 

Whitetail_Fawn

 

I shared previously how much fun I’ve been having watching the juveniles at the bird feeders. Here is an immature male cardinal in the beautiful bird feeder our daughter gave us for Christmas last year.

 

ImmatureMale_Cardinal

 

I don’t see the {Western} scrub jays around often. But when they are in the yard, you definitely know about it! These two made such a commotion, I had to grab my camera and see what the fuss was about. Nothing out of the ordinary, but they look like juveniles to me, so I suppose they were just finding their voice.

 

Western_ScrubJay

 

Immature_Western_Scrubjay

 

It’s been a banner year for butterflies. I planted butterfly weed in my flower beds this year and it is growing like crazy! I’m planning to plant even more milkweed next year. The Pipevine Swallowtails seem to be partial to the red butterfly weed.

 

PipevineSwallowtail_ButterflyWeed

 

I’m not often up for the sunrise {in the summer months} but we put in some long days getting ready for our trip and I happened to catch this jewel in the morning light.

 

Black-chinned_Hummingbird_Female

 

The twins paid us a visit this afternoon. They look so skinny, I can almost forgive them for eating all the blooms off my flowers.

Almost.

Whitetail_Twins

 

Whitetail_FawnClose

 

And, if you’re still with me, I finally got some decent shots of the elusive Carolina Chickadee. They are the energizer bunnies of the bird world! Constantly moving!

 

Carolina_Chickadee

 

The lighting wasn’t the best, no sun today for a change, so the greens are a bit dull. But I’m pleased enough to share them with you.

 

Carolina_Chickadee2

 

I saw this quote by Charles Lingbergh recently and wondered what the context might have been. Quite a fascinating conversation, I would think!

 

I realized that if I had to choose,

I would rather have birds than airplanes. ~Charles Lindbergh

  ***

What are you seeing through your lens this week?

 

Have a wonder-filled day!

Blog_Signature

 

Sharing inspiration here:

Little by Little

Wild Bird Wednesday     NatureNotes

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you read something here that inspired you, I’d love to hear about it. Please know I appreciate every comment! Thanks so much for stopping by! Blessings, June