Welcome

Welcome! I'm so glad you stopped by today! If you're inspired by what you see, I invite you to follow along via one (or more) of the options on the side bar below.


Monday, September 7, 2015

Inspired by . . . come boldly

 

 

Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace,

that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need. Heb 4:16

 

Thorncrown_Chapel

 

Do you come boldly?

I don’t mean the times when we rattle off our shopping list of requests, without ever really acknowledging to Whom we are speaking.

GOD ALMIGHTY, THE MAKER OF HEAVEN AND EARTH!

No, I mean the times when we truly STEP INTO HIS PRESENCE. Acknowledging WHO HE IS.

Really.

Yes, those times. Do you step.into.His.presence . . .

. . . and ASK? Boldly.

 

Thorncrown_Alter

 

I’ll admit, I struggle with coming boldly.

It’s like when Moses demanded to see God’s face. Or Gideon put out the fleece. Again and again. I read those accounts and shrink back. I could never be bold like that with God.

But scripture tells me I can. Maybe even that I must, to obtain mercy and grace in my time of need.

I think I need to learn a few things about this boldness.

First, it is not a boldness without reverence. It is not charging forth, demanding things with an assumed air of entitlement.

Rather, the Greek word here {parrhēsia} suggests a confidence, an utterance pouring forth with assurance.

We come to the throne in the context of the preceding verses which speak of our High Priest, Jesus Christ.

Matthew Henry says, “A throne speaks authority, and bespeaks awe and reverence. A throne of grace speaks great encouragement even to the chief of sinners.”

It’s beautiful really. This idea, this TRUTH, that I can, in all my filth and depravity, come freely before Him, confess, repent and receive . . .

. . . GRACE.

Unmerited favor.

If we confess our sins,

He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins,

and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 1Jn 1:9

 

Not only that, but unlike Esther, we don’t have to wait and hope that the King will extend His scepter toward us each time we dare to enter His presence. The Scepter, Jesus, has given us access to God, once for all, when He died on the cross, taking our sin upon Him. The veil of the temple was torn in two, forever removing the barrier between God and man.

We can approach Him anytime, anywhere, for any reason.

The writer of Hebrews continues on, especially throughout chapter 10, reminding us of the privileges we have in Christ. He encourages us to draw near to God with a true heart and with a full assurance of faith.

 

Thorncrown_Bibles

 

Beloved, prayer is a mighty weapon against evil. If you’re anything like me, you don’t wield this sword often enough.

Whatever my reason, whatever your reason, for not coming boldly, for not coming often enough or consistently enough into His presence, we need to ask God to give us the Faith and the will to overcome our reasons and to STAND, by the power of His word and the Holy Spirit.

We must do this, Beloved.

The time is now.

 

Blessings,

Blog_Signature

 

Sharing inspiration here:

PlayDatesGod Holly Barrett Barbie Swihart

Thought-Provoking-Thursday-Button     GraceTruth_Friday

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you read something here that inspired you, I’d love to hear about it. Please know I appreciate every comment! Thanks so much for stopping by! Blessings, June