Welcome

Welcome! I'm so glad you stopped by today! If you're inspired by what you see, I invite you to follow along via one (or more) of the options on the side bar below.


Friday, October 16, 2015

Inspired by . . . Day 16: His Character, Omniscient

 

 

write31days_button

 

God is Omniscient

OMNIS'CIENT, a. Having universal knowledge or knowledge of all things; infinitely knowing; all-seeing; as the omniscient God.

On day five we looked at God’s character, omnipotent, and took comfort in the fact that God is all-powerful. Today we see that He is not only all-powerful, but He is all-knowing. His knowledge encompasses every possible thing that exists, has ever existed, or ever will exist. Nothing is a mystery to Him.

O LORD, You have searched me and known me! You know when I sit down and when I rise up; You discern my thoughts from afar. You search out my path and my lying down and are acquainted with all my ways. Even before a word is on my tongue, behold, O LORD, You know it altogether. You hem me in, behind and before, and lay Your hand upon me. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high; I cannot attain it. Psa 139:1-6

That last line, such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high; I cannot attain it, expresses perfectly how I feel when I think about God Omniscient. As I ponder this Truth I can literally feel myself becoming dumb. Both in the mind and in the mouth. I have no hope of understanding. I can’t explain why we mortals, mere vapors in light of a transcendent and holy God, matter to Him.

I only know that we do.

The LORD is merciful and gracious, slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love. He will not always chide, nor will He keep His anger forever. He does not deal with us according to our sins, nor repay us according to our iniquities. For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is His steadfast love toward those who fear Him; as far as the east is from the west, so far does He remove our transgressions from us. As a father shows compassion to his children, so the LORD shows compassion to those who fear Him. Psa 103:8-13

As I grope around in the dark for words, I realize that much greater minds than mine have already spoken. And so I leave you with this, from Matthew Henry, and pray that his words will bring you comfort.

We do not understand our own way, much less can we understand God's way, because we are short-sighted. How little do we know of what is doing in the world, much less of what will be done? But the eyes of the Lord are in every place; nay, they run to and fro through the earth. Nothing is, or can be, hidden from Him; and therefore the reasons why some wicked people prosper remarkably and others are remarkably punished in this world, which are secret to us, are known to Him. One day's events, and one man's affairs, have such a reference to, and such a dependence upon, another's, that He only to whom all events and all affairs are naked and open, and Who sees the whole at one entire and certain view, is a competent Judge of every part.

 

Clouds

Lord, omniscient, all-powerful, all-knowing,

we cannot understand the spreading of the clouds;

they veil You, as You walk upon the vault of heaven.

You are so high above, and yet so intimately woven into

our very beings, we yearn, as a deer pants for water in a dry

and desolate land, we yearn to know You more.

Reveal Yourself to us, Lord, according to Your will

Increase our faith.

In Jesus name,

Amen,

Blog_Signature

 

 

 

Sharing inspiration here:

Playdates with God, Testimony Tuesday, #TellHisStory,

Thought Provoking Thursday, Grace & Truth, Weekend Whispers,

Inspire Me Monday, RaRa Link Up, Intentional Tuesday,

#WordswithWinter, Titus 2 Tuesday, Thoughtful Thursdays,

Encourage Me Monday, Wholehearted Wednesday,

Women with Intention Wednesdays, Word Filled Wednesday,

#GiveMeGrace, Still Saturday, #write31days

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you read something here that inspired you, I’d love to hear about it. Please know I appreciate every comment! Thanks so much for stopping by! Blessings, June