Welcome

Welcome! I'm so glad you stopped by today! If you're inspired by what you see, I invite you to follow along via one (or more) of the options on the side bar below.


Saturday, October 17, 2015

Inspired by . . . Day 17: His Character, Omnipresent

 

write31days_button

 

God is Omnipresent

OMNIPRES'ENCE, n. s as z. [L. omnis, and presens, present.]

Presence in every place at the same time; unbounded or universal presence; ubiquity. Omnipresence is an attribute peculiar to God.

One of the ways the bad guys would try to foil superman was to create life-threatening situations in numerous places all at the same time. The thought being that superman couldn’t be in more than one place at one time. Which was true. It’s been awhile, but if I remember correctly, in one episode superman flew around the earth backwards to turn back time and save the day. Well, I may not have all my facts straight when it comes to superman, but I know this our God doesn’t need to fly faster than the speed of light to turn back time. He is infinite, He exists apart from time and space. He can meet your need and the need of every living thing at the exact same time. He is Omnipresent.

We don’t have to stand in line, or worry about being put on hold when we call.  God is everywhere - - in and around everything, close to everyone.

Oh, precious LORD! Give us eyes of faith to know this amazing Truth!

How would our lives changed if we lived with this Truth in the forefront of our consciousness every day? Personally, I know some of my words, works and worry would change in a heartbeat!

The eyes of the LORD are in every place, keeping watch on the evil and the good. Pro 15:3

This is the last of three “omni” words that give us a greater understanding of God’s character. Omni, a combined form of all or everywhere, is from the Latin word omnis, meaning all.

God is Omnipotent, all-powerful. He is Omniscient, all-knowing, and He is Omnipresent, all-present, in every place at the same time.

These three characteristics of God are the foundation of our understanding of Who He IS.

Proverbs 18, verse 10 tells us that, The name of the LORD is a strong tower; the righteous man runs into it and is safe. We are safe because of these Truths about His character, His nature, revealed to us through His word.

I find myself coming back to Psalm 139 today:

Where shall I go from Your Spirit? Or where shall I flee from Your presence? If I ascend to heaven, You are there! If I make my bed in Sheol, You are there! If I take the wings of the morning and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea, even there Your hand shall lead me, and Your right hand shall hold me. Psa 139:7-10

Sunrise2

Precious Lord, You are everywhere, in and around

everything. Since we do not wish to flee from Your

Spirit, this Truth brings us great comfort - - great JOY.

No matter where we go, happy places, or dark places

there Your hand shall lead us, Your right hand shall hold us.

We take refuge in the strong tower of Your name, Lord.

In Jesus name,

Amen,

Blog_Signature

 

 



 

Sharing inspiration here:

Playdates with God, Testimony Tuesday, #TellHisStory,

Thought Provoking Thursday, Grace & Truth, Weekend Whispers,

Inspire Me Monday, RaRa Link Up, Intentional Tuesday,

#WordswithWinter, Titus 2 Tuesday, Thoughtful Thursdays,

Encourage Me Monday, Wholehearted Wednesday,

Women with Intention Wednesdays, Word Filled Wednesday,

#GiveMeGrace, Still Saturday, #write31days

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you read something here that inspired you, I’d love to hear about it. Please know I appreciate every comment! Thanks so much for stopping by! Blessings, June