Welcome

Welcome! I'm so glad you stopped by today! If you're inspired by what you see, I invite you to follow along via one (or more) of the options on the side bar below.


Thursday, October 29, 2015

Inspired by . . . Day 29: His Name, El Roi

 

write31days_button

 

El-Roi

God Who Sees

And the angel of the LORD said unto her, Behold, thou art with child, and shalt bear a son, and shalt call his name Ishmael; because the LORD hath heard thy affliction. And he will be a wild man; his hand will be against every man, and every man's hand against him; and he shall dwell in the presence of all his brethren. And she called the name of the LORD that spake unto her, Thou God seest me: for she said, Have I also here looked after Him that seeth me? Gen 16:11-13

Not only did God see Hagar weeping by the fountain, He heard her affliction; her innermost, unspoken suffering. Thus naming her son Ishmael, God will hear.

Tears speak as well as prayers. This should be a great comfort to us, Beloved, that God not only sees what our afflictions are, but hears what they say.

You have kept count of my tossings; put my tears in your bottle. Are they not in Your book? Psa 56:8


As we have learned, nothing is beyond His understanding, nothing is beyond His power to redeem. We are the apple of His eye.

"He found him in a desert land, and in the howling waste of the wilderness; He encircled him, He cared for him, He kept him as the apple of His eye. Deu 32:10

I call upon You, for You will answer me, O God; incline Your ear to me; hear my words. Wondrously show Your steadfast love, O Savior of those who seek refuge from their adversaries at Your right hand. Keep me as the apple of Your eye; hide me in the shadow of Your wings, from the wicked who do me violence, my deadly enemies who surround me. Psa 17:6-9

The Word is continually revealing deeper facets of His love for us.

 

Zeph3_17

Lord, our God Who sees us.

Who knows our frame and remembers that we are dust.

Yet You rejoice over us and call us Your own.

With a sweet and tender love, You quiet us.

Our refuge and our hope is in You.

May we remain the apple of Your eye.

In Jesus’ name,

Amen,

Blog_Signature

 

Sharing inspiration here:

Playdates with God, Testimony Tuesday, #TellHisStory,

Thought Provoking Thursday, Grace & Truth, Weekend Whispers,

Inspire Me Monday, RaRa Link Up, Intentional Tuesday,

#WordswithWinter, Titus 2 Tuesday, Thoughtful Thursdays,

Encourage Me Monday, Wholehearted Wednesday,

Women with Intention Wednesdays, Word Filled Wednesday,

#GiveMeGrace, Still Saturday, #write31days

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you read something here that inspired you, I’d love to hear about it. Please know I appreciate every comment! Thanks so much for stopping by! Blessings, June