Welcome

Welcome! I'm so glad you stopped by today! If you're inspired by what you see, I invite you to follow along via one (or more) of the options on the side bar below.


Saturday, January 9, 2016

Inspired by . . . forward: an invitation

I'm doing some new things this year. 

One of those things is stepping outside my comfort zone when it comes to addressing the issues of race in our country.

For now, my first step is joining Deidra Riggs and her new book club, Forward.

Now, I admit, this is a baby step. I have my thumb in my mouth and a firm grip on my Linus blanket. But it is some action on my part, to help move the conversation forward.

It all began when Deidra decided to move the conversation forward, and suggested that we read differently for the remainder of the year. For those of you who love to read, this suggestion may speak to you. 

That suggestion was followed by a request to build a list of amazing books by a fabulous author who happens to be from a different race, culture, or ethnicity than yours.

The decision to read one of these books together and discuss it was, I think, a natural outcome. The list was compiled, narrowed, and voted upon. We begin on January 15th to read, together: The Yada Yada Prayer Group, Book One, by Neta Jackson




And, friend, you're invited to join us! 

Here's the link to all you need to know about the club and the book: http://www.deidrariggs.com/2016/01/08/forward-guidelines-for-our-little-book-club-with-a-linkup-option/

If you're like me and have been hesitant to engage about controversial issues on social media {for various reasons}, Deidra's blog and this book club, is a safe place to begin. 



This blog has always been a place to encourage and inspire you to seek and to know Him. I don't typically weigh in on current events. The only agenda here is Him. That's not going to change. That hasn't changed.

The "race issues" in this country {and around the world} are not just "current events". At their root, they are a human issue that has been around since the moment sin entered the world. An issue God cares very much about. 

The very fact that they are human issues makes them complex and, at times, difficult to understand.

I'm a long way from understanding. Perhaps you are too.

Forward, the book club, is an open door. Imagine walking into a sunlit room, lightly scented with lavender. Cozy couches piled high with pillows invite you to settle in. Lift a cuppa to your lips, crack open or scroll through Yada Yada and, listen. Engage. Or not. Your participation level is up to you.

I hope you'll consider joining us.




Blessings,







Sharing inspiration here:
Playdates with God, Testimony Tuesday, #TellHisStory,
Thought Provoking Thursday, Grace & Truth, Weekend Whispers,
Inspire Me Monday, RaRa Link Up, Intentional Tuesday,
#WordswithWinter, Titus 2 Tuesday, Thoughtful Thursdays,
Encourage Me Monday, Wholehearted Wednesday,
Women with Intention Wednesdays, Word Filled Wednesday,
#GiveMeGrace, Still Saturday

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you read something here that inspired you, I’d love to hear about it. Please know I appreciate every comment! Thanks so much for stopping by! Blessings, June