Welcome

Welcome! I'm so glad you stopped by today! If you're inspired by what you see, I invite you to follow along via one (or more) of the options on the side bar below.


Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Inspired by . . . Life thru My Lens 17:52

The red birds steal the show this week, but there are definitely some others that deserve honorable mentions.

I'm so glad to see that the Vermilion has, apparently, decided to stay for awhile. I see him almost every day. He has a very unique flight pattern, almost like the flutter of a butterfly!



The other day, he came up to inspect our new fence and I was able to get some better shots of him.



I was even more delighted to see . . . MRS. Vermilion! and with nesting material in her mouth, to boot! From her coloring she looks like an immature female, so I hope their nesting attempt is successful!



I hear the cardinals all the time, but it's not often I get a chance to shoot them. 



This guy was rather wary of me!



The lesser-goldfinches are finally back to eating the nyjer seed! They haven't been eating it for months, and I still have no idea why. They've been feeding at the sunflower seed, but never on the sock. Very strange.





We're directly in the migratory path of thousands of birds, so I never know what I'm going to see from day to day, week to week. It's actually very exciting! The other day when I was out, I spotted a flock, quite high in the sky. Two more flocks came, one after the other. This was the best shot I could capture. From everything I read, with their black heads, and black wing-tips, I think they are most likely Franklin's Gulls migrating north for the summer. (id input/correction is always welcome!)



We had a beautiful full moon this week. Did you see it?



And last, but not least, because I promised more hummingbird shots:



Still haven't seen many ruby throats. This one is a black-chinned hummingbird. I call him Mr. Grumpy. {smile}


What are you seeing
through your lens
this week?

Blessings,

Sharing inspiration here:
Nature Notes, Through My Lens, Little Things Thursdays,
Bird D’pot, Saturday’s Critters, Life thru the Lens, Wild Bird Wednesday,
Our World Tuesday, Community Global, Photo Friday

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you read something here that inspired you, I’d love to hear about it. Please know I appreciate every comment! Thanks so much for stopping by! Blessings, June