Welcome

Welcome! I'm so glad you stopped by today! If you're inspired by what you see, I invite you to follow along via one (or more) of the options on the side bar below.


Friday, April 22, 2016

Inspired by . . . Psalm 130

A Song of Ascents. Out of the depths I cry to you, O LORD! O Lord, hear my voice! Let Your ears be attentive to the voice of my pleas for mercy! If You, O LORD, should mark iniquities, O Lord, who could stand? But with You there is forgiveness, that You may be feared. I wait for the LORD, my soul waits, and in His word I hope; my soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen for the morning, more than watchmen for the morning. O Israel, hope in the LORD! For with the LORD there is steadfast love, and with Him is plentiful redemption. And He will redeem Israel from all his iniquities. (Psa 130:1-8)


I chuckle every time I drive by this sign that my Dreamer put up on our property.  I'm sure you've probably seen similar signs in front of apartment complexes in your area. 

The idea is to entice people to stop driving, stop fighting, stop striving. Just pull in here and . . . rest, you're home.

The message appeals to our overworked, stressed-out society. But the truth is, changing your address won't change any of the things that we strive against in this world.  You'll only find yourself, stuck in traffic, sitting in front of a different apartment complex next week.

This world is not our home. 

Cliche? Maybe. But it's true. The soul of the believer will never find rest here. And we shouldn't try. 

Our soul longs for home - - longs for God. We cry to Him for mercy, and receive it in an abundance of overflowing, sweetened with grace.

We fear Him, not because He could squish our naughty bug-like selves, but because He could and He doesn't. Instead, He offers us forgiveness through the sacrifice of His beloved Son.

And so, our soul waits for Him - His return in glory. We wait with an expectancy, and sure hope. A hope more certain than that of the watchman awaiting the rising sun. Just as we are confident that the sun will rise every morning, we can be confident of the Son's return.


The final act of steadfast love in His plan of redemption.

Whatever you're striving against this week, this day, this hour, 
I encourage you to cry out to Him . . .

. . . and receive His mercy, His forgiveness, His love.

Shalom,



Small Wonders, Testimony Tuesday, #TellHisStory,
Thought Provoking Thursday, Grace & Truth, Let Us Grow,
Inspire Me Monday, RaRa Link Up, Intentional Tuesday,
#WordswithWinter, Titus 2 Tuesday, Thoughtful Thursdays,
Encourage Me Monday, Wholehearted Wednesday,
Women with Intention Wednesdays, Word Filled Wednesday,
#GiveMeGrace, Sitting Among Friends, Winsome Wednesday

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you read something here that inspired you, I’d love to hear about it. Please know I appreciate every comment! Thanks so much for stopping by! Blessings, June