Welcome

Welcome! I'm so glad you stopped by today! If you're inspired by what you see, I invite you to follow along via one (or more) of the options on the side bar below.


Saturday, July 9, 2016

Inspired by . . . my voice

We have a lot to grieve over in this country.

We have a lot to feel angry and concerned about . . .


Bad cops

Blacks killing blacks - in countless numbers, every day 

Protests that result only in innocent lives lost and businesses plundered

The rush to judgement and erroneous reporting by the major media outlets

Injustices like the Kate Steinle murder

The recent terrorist acts in San Bernadino and Orlando

A government that is no longer for the people and by the people

. . . to name a few.

We have reason to despair.



Keep in mind that where you see disunity, chaos, and hate the enemy is at work. And those who are helping to perpetrate these things are working for him.

We have reason to despair.

Amid the clamor of social media voices mine is barely a whisper. As a white, Christian, conservative, lower-middle-class female my voice has been all but silenced in this country. 

No one wants to hear from the white, middle-American housewife, who loves her country and her God. Who tries to love her neighbor and her enemies. How could I possibly understand the issues? Or have something helpful to bring to the table? I'm expected to clam-up and go back to my privileged, blessed life.

It's tempting, let me tell you. It's much easier not to speak out. It's a lot easier to bury my nose in a book and walk with tunnel vision through my privileged, blessed life. It's certainly much easier to sit on my porch and lose myself in the wonder of God's creation than it is to sit in sackcloth and ashes in front of my computer screen for 30 minutes and pray, and lament, and pray and repent, and pray and grieve, and cry out to God with hundreds of others who ache for unity, peace, and understanding.

We have reason to hope.

God hears the prayers of His people. Don't let the prevailing evil in this world make you doubt this Truth.

God hears and God ACTS.

And this little white girl will continue to share the wonders of His creation. She will continue to share the Gospel Truth.

Because JESUS is our ONLY hope for change in this world.




Shalom,



A note to my readers:
If you visit here often you know that I don't normally post about controversial issues. Instead, I've chosen to combat the evil in this world by simply sharing and speaking God's Truth in this space, rather than addressing specific injustices. 

I prayed long and hard about this post and even after writing it I didn't hit publish right away. But I couldn't let it go, as much as I wanted to. I decided that candidly sharing my feelings about my "voice" was important. My intent is not to make any of this about me, but rather to share one perspective, one voice in a sea of voices. I can't be the only one who feels this way. Despite how we may feel the truth is, every voice matters. Thank you for your grace.







Sharing inspiration here:
Small WondersTestimony Tuesday, #TellHisStory,
Thought Provoking Thursday, Grace & Truth, Let Us Walk Worthy,
Inspire Me Monday, RaRa Link Up, Intentional Tuesday,
#WordswithWinter, Titus 2 Tuesday, Thoughtful Thursdays,
Encourage Me Monday, Wholehearted Wednesday,
Women with Intention Wednesdays, Word Filled Wednesday,
#GiveMeGrace, Sitting Among Friends

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you read something here that inspired you, I’d love to hear about it. Please know I appreciate every comment! Thanks so much for stopping by! Blessings, June