Welcome

Welcome! I'm so glad you stopped by today! If you're inspired by what you see, I invite you to follow along via one (or more) of the options on the side bar below.


Monday, September 19, 2016

Inspired by . . . Life thru My Lens 38:52

We were in Kentucky last week and were thrilled to discover that Bowling Green is home to the National Corvette Museum.



The museum houses one-of-a-kind, extremely rare, and historic examples of this American icon. 

The only museum of its kind in the country, the exhibits are exceptionally well done and the history of America's sports car is told in detail.



The dioramas were by far my favorite part of the museum.






The skydome exhibit tells the story of the February 12, 2014, sinkhole that swallowed eight corvettes. These gorgeous machines were reduced to rubble in a matter of minutes.




Thankfully, this tragedy happened at 5am when the museum was closed. Everything was caught on security camera.

I couldn't help but draw a parallel to life. So many of us are cruisin' through life like a shiny red corvette when suddenly the deep cavern of sin opens up and we find ourselves free-falling into a 40-foot pit. 

Just like these twisted piles of metal, we can't fix ourselves. While men will restore these cars to their former glory, only the blood of Jesus can "fix" us and redeem us from our sin.



The best way to avoid a "pit stop" is to keep God in the driver's seat.  Sure it sounds cliche but it's so very true. Some of us may think otherwise but the fact is none of us know the road better than the One who fashioned it. There is a peace that passes all understanding when you leave the driving to Him.
Come unto Me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you, and learn of Me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For My yoke is easy, and My burden is light. (Mat 11:28-30)



Keep on cruisin',

Sharing inspiration here:
Nature Notes, Through My LensBird D’pot,
Saturday’s Critters, Life thru the Lens,
Wild Bird WednesdayOur World Tuesday,
Community Global, Photo Friday, Little Things Thursday

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you read something here that inspired you, I’d love to hear about it. Please know I appreciate every comment! Thanks so much for stopping by! Blessings, June