Welcome

Welcome! I'm so glad you stopped by today! If you're inspired by what you see, I invite you to follow along via one (or more) of the options on the side bar below.


Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Inspired by . . . Thy comforts


When the cares of my heart are many, Your consolations cheer my soul. (Psalm 94:19ESV)
My heart is hurting, friends. On a week when we should be giving thanks for abundance and blessing our country is starkly divided.  There are riots with people shouting alarming edicts, senseless shootings, and senseless loss of life. My heart aches for those who have lost loved ones, especially the children. And, yes, my heart aches for those who now have to live with the consequences of their actions.
Whenever I am anxious and worried, You comfort me and make me glad. (Psa 94:19GNB)
In the pages of my prayer journal I cry out to God. I tell Him how weary I am of all the hate, how much I long for peace. But I know peace is a long way off.

But I also know that peace will come.

In the multitude of my thoughts within me Thy comforts delight my soul. (Psa 94:19KJV)
I cling to this Truth, the return of the Prince of Peace, I cling to His word. Because the fact is, the Truths of God (His comforts) will only bring us comfort if we allow them room in our hearts.

I was very worried and upset, but You comforted me and made me happy! (Psa 94:19ERV)
It's not easy, friend. The world and its cares can seem louder than His voice sometimes. Honestly, I've struggled to hold on to His comfort this week. I'm apprehensive about sitting down together with mixed minds over a plate of turkey tomorrow afternoon. I'm trying to be brave, but the thought of a political conversation erupting already has my stomach in knots.

You, too?

Or maybe for you, a tense political discussion would be welcome compared to the usual drama.

When my anxious inner thoughts become overwhelming, Your comfort encourages me. (Psa 94:19ISV)
Either way, it's clear the enemy has a strong foothold. And I know of only one way to set him back on his haunches; GRATITUDE

No matter what happens tomorrow, or the next day, or the day after that we can be grateful. We can give God the glory and praise and honor He deserves because He hath done wonderful things. We can know, without a shadow of a doubt, that justice will be done and peace will reign.

We can bear out this truth in our lives today because He has promised to never leave us or forsake us.
I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you. (Joh 14:18)
As He promised Joshua:  I will be with thee: I will not fail thee, nor forsake thee. So His promise belongs to all His faithful servants.

If you're struggling to be at peace this week, struggling to focus on being thankful, I urge you to remember Psalm 94:19. Repeat it as you go about your preparations. Make it the prayer of your heart.


God's word is stronger and louder than any dissent of the enemy. Make room in your heart for the blessed comforts of God and they will come in and transform your soul.

Blessings on your
Thanksgiving!







No comments:

Post a Comment

If you read something here that inspired you, I’d love to hear about it. Please know I appreciate every comment! Thanks so much for stopping by! Blessings, June