Welcome

Welcome! I'm so glad you stopped by today! If you're inspired by what you see, I invite you to follow along via one (or more) of the options on the side bar below.


Friday, November 25, 2016

Inspired by . . . anticipating Advent

I am so very eager for Advent this year. Eager to focus on something greater than this world, greater than myself.

Eager for the enchantment of the season to find us all.

In a year that has been so focused on negative things, I'm looking to end on a positive note.



For me, Advent begins with an exhale. A release. An emptying.

Doesn't that sound wonderful?

It all begins this Sunday.

There are many wonderful resources available for Advent. I've chosen two:

The Women of Advent: a Gathering of Scattered Hearts, Past and Present by Sheila Atchley
Sheila has a created a beautiful offering here. Through her words and artwork, she explores the lives of the women in the genealogy of Jesus.

Come Lord Jesus: The Weight of Waiting by Kris Camealy
Looking forward to this quiet reflection, daily prayer and contemplative questions from this author. I haven't received my copy yet, but several blogger friends have recommended Kris' offering.

And for a bit of fun, the season wouldn't be the same without Jacquie Lawson's annual Advent calendar on my desktop. It's a daily delight!



For many, the next few weeks are some of the busiest of the year. I hope you have a plan for tapping into the quiet and reflective side of the season. Please feel free to share in the comments.


Shalom,


Sharing inspiration here:
Small WondersTestimony Tuesday, #TellHisStory,
Thought Provoking Thursday, Grace & Truth,
Inspire Me Monday, RaRa Link Up, Intentional Tuesday,
#WordswithWinter, Titus 2 Tuesday, Thoughtful Thursdays,
Encourage Me Monday, Wholehearted Wednesday,
Women with Intention Wednesdays, Word Filled Wednesday,
#GiveMeGrace, Sitting Among Friends, #Glimpsesofhisbeauty

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you read something here that inspired you, I’d love to hear about it. Please know I appreciate every comment! Thanks so much for stopping by! Blessings, June