Welcome

Welcome! I'm so glad you stopped by today! If you're inspired by what you see, I invite you to follow along via one (or more) of the options on the side bar below.


Friday, January 27, 2017

Inspired by . . . Five Minute Friday: Control

You may or may not be familiar with Five Minute Friday. It's a group of writers who meet weekly and write a five-minute post based on a word prompt provided by Kate Montaung the night before. It's a wonderful community - - I can say that because I read many of the bloggers who participate. This is my first time.

I'm not much of a "prompt" type of writer. But the words that came to me this morning seemed to fit this week's word, so I thought I'd join in the fun of this community. You're welcome to join, anytime.


Control . . .

Scripture tells us that we are "not of this world" and that we are "strangers and aliens."  The deeper my relationship with Christ becomes the more loosely I feel tethered to the things of this earth.

That doesn't mean that I don't love deeply and dream big. But when people fail us and plans change we can't let it destroy us. [click to tweet]

We cannot let outside sources dictate our actions and cause us to fear.

God is in control.  He is our constant when all else is failing and falling apart. He never changes.

When we put God back in His rightful place of having control over our lives we are free to love and dream in ways we could never have imagined before.
So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed. (Joh 8:36)

Blessings, 


Sharing inspiration here:
Five Minute FridayTestimony Tuesday, #TellHisStory,
Thought Provoking Thursday, Grace & Truth,
Inspire Me Monday, RaRa Link Up, Intentional Tuesday,
#WordswithWinter, Titus 2 Tuesday, Thoughtful Thursdays,
Encourage Me Monday, Wholehearted Wednesday,
Women with Intention Wednesdays, Word Filled Wednesday,
#GiveMeGrace, Sitting Among Friends, #Glimpsesofhisbeauty
Counting My Blessings, Grace Moments

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you read something here that inspired you, I’d love to hear about it. Please know I appreciate every comment! Thanks so much for stopping by! Blessings, June