Welcome

Welcome! I'm so glad you stopped by today! If you're inspired by what you see, I invite you to follow along via one (or more) of the options on the side bar below.


Friday, February 17, 2017

Inspired by . . . living the Gospel

Nancy Leigh DeMoss Wolgemuth is a friend of mine. At least I'd like to think that we would be friends if we ever meet in real life. As the driving force behind the True Woman Movement and Revive Our Hearts ministry Nancy has touched thousands of lives.

I've been enriched by her bible studies over the years, and convicted and encouraged by the message in her books. I was delighted when she found love in the autumn of her life. God has a way of equipping us for our ministry, amen? [click to tweet]



I was watching the trailer for her newly released book, Adorned, just the other day. It's a beautiful video, showing numerous scenes from her wedding day. A video not unlike the one my daughter-in-law had made for her own wedding last fall.

The voice-over to the video promotes Nancy's new book, which is based on Titus 2; the scripture focuses on older women mentoring younger women. This is the true essence of Nancy's heart.

Since I was watching the video on FB, when I finished watching I moved my cursor to react to the post and noticed that among the thousands who had reacted with like or love, even wow, one person had reacted with the angry face. 

Disappointed but not surprised, I know that Nancy's message of biblical based womanhood is not embraced by everyone. But I was curious as to what the viewer could have found in the video and message that made them angry. So I scanned the comments to see if they had commented as well.

Alas, my curiosity was not to be satisfied. Perhaps they clicked on the angry face in error? That is a hopeful possibility. However, during my scan of the comments I did find one among the many good wishes and excitement about the book that gave me pause:
"You would think she's the only person that ever had a Godly wedding."
There was one reply to this comment and it mirrored my own thoughts: "What gave you that impression?" 

I sensed that this person's question was sincere so I went back a couple of days later to see if any further discussion had occurred, however, as is typical of my experience with FB, I was unable to find the post.

The negative comment and the cloud of sadness enveloping it has stayed with me. The fact that I and thousands of others can watch Nancy's wedding video and feel nothing but joy for her newfound happiness while this lady's response clearly comes from a place of hurt is a stark reminder that we don't all view life through the same lens. We can't know what this woman has gone through, or is going through that would warrant such a comment.

This post was about as far as you can get from the political arena. Yet there it was, an angry, defensive, unwarranted attack. Fairly mild, but hurtful none-the-less.

Friends, I know many of you are weary of the battle. Believe me, I'm weary too. 


Some of you feel called to debate the political [and other] hot topic issues of our day. Called to speak out against every evil you see happening in our world. If that's your calling, I salute you. And I pray that the Holy Spirit will give you the power to speak His truth with grace in love.

But if you don't feel this way - - that's okay, too. The apostle Paul didn't stand up and preach a sermon about slavery or the other evils being perpetrated in his day. 

Instead, Paul preached the Gospel. He addressed the evil in the world by pointing people to the only Solution. To the only Source of redemption and change.

And that is what we are called to do.
I [Paul] charge you in the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, Who is to judge the living and the dead, and by His appearing and His kingdom: preach the word; be ready in season and out of season; reprove, rebuke, and exhort, with complete patience and teaching. (2Ti 4:1-2)
And why is it so important that we "be sober-minded, endure suffering, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill [our] ministry."? (2Ti 4:5)
[Because] the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions, and will turn away from listening to the truth and wander off into myths. (2Ti 4:3-4)
That time may be here friends, but we must continue to preach the Gospel. But more than that - - we must live it.
"The gospel will not be heard and received by our culture, by our generation, by your children, by your neighbors, by the people in your workplace; the gospel will not be received if it cannot be seen in the lives of those of us who profess to believe it." ~Nancy DeMoss Wolgemuth
It's true that not everyone will be drawn to the Light of Christ in our lives. Not everyone will embrace the love we offer. In fact, openly living a life for Christ may open us up to more ridicule, contempt, and even persecution.

But there are those in darkness who ARE searching for the Light. There are those who WILL respond. As followers, we must try to be like-minded with Christ.

And if He is not willing that any should perish, then we shouldn't be either. [click to tweet]


Go forth in the power of the Holy Spirit. 
Preach the Gospel at all times and when necessary use words.* [click to tweet]

Shalom,

*attributed to St. Francis of Assisi




Sharing inspiration here:
Testimony Tuesday, #TellHisStory,
Thought Provoking Thursday, Grace & Truth,
Inspire Me Monday, RaRa Link Up, Intentional Tuesday,
#WordswithWinter, Titus 2 Tuesday, Thoughtful Thursdays,
Encourage Me Monday, Wholehearted Wednesday,
Women with Intention Wednesdays, Word Filled Wednesday,
#GiveMeGrace, Sitting Among Friends, #Glimpsesofhisbeauty
Counting My Blessings, Grace Moments

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you read something here that inspired you, I’d love to hear about it. Please know I appreciate every comment! Thanks so much for stopping by! Blessings, June