Welcome

Welcome! I'm so glad you stopped by today! If you're inspired by what you see, I invite you to follow along via one (or more) of the options on the side bar below.


Friday, February 24, 2017

Inspired by . . . weighted blankets

Have you heard of them? these blankets filled with plastic poly pellets, similar to what's inside Beanie Babies. Some people are calling them magic blankets because they are said to help calm anxiety, prevent insomnia and even help people with Autism and PTSD.

Reading about these blankets reminded me of a dream I had the other night. I was lying in bed and had a sense that a great, but not unbearable, weight had descended upon me. Not only on top of me but it enveloped me completely. 

This weight was not abiotic. I could sense it's spirit next to me even as it's essence surrounded me. The sense of peace was absolute. So much so that, even now, the memory of it gives me a sense of calm.

Such a perfect peace can only come from one Source. I awoke to feel as if I had been sheltered under the wings of a mighty, yet gentle bird.


Source
He will cover you with His wings; you will be safe in His care; His faithfulness will protect and defend you. (Psa 91:4) [click to tweet]
Such is His great and mighty love for us! He longs to bring us under His protection. Yet so often we refuse and demand our own way.
"How many times I wanted to put My arms around all your people, just as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, but you would not let Me!" (Luk 13:34)
God will never force us into His nest, even though He knows it is the safest place for us to be. [click to tweet] His word promises peace to all who love Him and accept His protection.
But let all who take refuge in You rejoice; let them ever sing for joy, and spread Your protection over them, that those who love Your name may exult in You. (Psa 5:11)
I've been sleeping under the weight of blankets for years. I have no doubt that these new "magic blankets" which are said to "cause[s] the brain to release neurotransmitters like serotonin and dopamine that improve moods and induce a calming effect" will improve your sleep and help reduce anxiety.

Even so, it is important to remember that it is God, and God alone, Who gives us peace and safety for our souls.
 In peace I will both lie down and sleep; for You alone, O LORD, make me dwell in safety. (Psa 4:8)
Shalom,




Sharing inspiration here:
Testimony Tuesday, #TellHisStory,
Thought Provoking Thursday, Grace & Truth,
Inspire Me Monday, RaRa Link Up, Intentional Tuesday,
#WordswithWinter, Titus 2 Tuesday, Thoughtful Thursdays,
Encourage Me Monday, Wholehearted Wednesday,
Women with Intention Wednesdays, Word Filled Wednesday,
#GiveMeGrace, Sitting Among Friends, #Glimpsesofhisbeauty
Counting My Blessings, Grace Moments

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you read something here that inspired you, I’d love to hear about it. Please know I appreciate every comment! Thanks so much for stopping by! Blessings, June