Welcome

Welcome! I'm so glad you stopped by today! If you're inspired by what you see, I invite you to follow along via one (or more) of the options on the side bar below.


Monday, February 27, 2017

Inspired by . . . Life thru My Lens 9:52

Hello, friends. 

I'm a little under the weather, so I'll keep this brief and just share with you some of my favorite captures from the last week.

It's hard to be glum with the birds singing and twittering outside your window, so I've included links to some of their calls under each photo.


Songs and Calls


Calls

Songs and Calls

Somebody has a bald spot, lol

Songs and Calls

Somebody is grumpy because they're not getting all the suet.

Songs and Calls


My id may be off on the last two. They are either House Finches or Purple Finches. I'm going with the Purple Finch because the color extends so far down the breast. House finches tend to have color just on the upper breast and a lot of streaking down the front making them look like they're wearing little pantaloons.You can see one here to compare. They would have been easier to identify if I had some shots of his back as they are noticeably more colorful than the house finch. House finches are regulars here, unlike Purple finches, but these two may have wintered nearby and be passing through as they head north to their breeding grounds in Canada. Feel free to share your thoughts.

Also, I totally failed at the #shadesofwinter challenge this week. But if you head over to Lisa's or Kristy's you'll find lots of wonderful #wintershadow shots!


Have a wonder-filled day,


Sharing inspiration here:
Nature Notes, Through My LensBird D’pot,
Saturday’s Critters, Life thru the Lens,
Wild Bird WednesdayOur World Tuesday,
Community Global, Photo Friday, Little Things Thursday

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you read something here that inspired you, I’d love to hear about it. Please know I appreciate every comment! Thanks so much for stopping by! Blessings, June