Welcome

Welcome! I'm so glad you stopped by today! If you're inspired by what you see, I invite you to follow along via one (or more) of the options on the side bar below.


Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Inspired by . . . Life thru My Lens 16:52

After culling my photos from this last week I realized I had far too many that I wanted to share with you for one post. So you'll have to come back next week to see the rest!

These first pictures are awful as far as quality goes. I took them through our side windows after the sun had set. My poor camera had no light to work with. But it was so exciting to see this Common Gray Fox! I just had to share them with you!




Despite his name, these foxes are anything but common. This is only the 2nd time in the five years I've lived here that we've seen one.  I think you can tell how beautiful he is even though the pictures are so poor. He usually only comes after dark but I hope I can get better pictures to share with you in the future.

I added a new bird to my life list this week. This lovely Eurasian Collared Dove.



Sadly, the white-winged doves were not welcoming, so I haven't seen her since.

Does this look like a likely place for a nest?



I didn't think so either, but those crazy wrens . . .



You can barely see the little pink babies inside. I'll post updates as they grow!

I've mentioned before that we have a variety of flycatchers in the area. I've seen the Great Crested Flycatcher in years past, but this year it seems he has decided to stay. He may have a mate and a nest - I'm still watching and investigating!




We finally got all the plants in the garden! I stick mostly with Lantana, Sage, and milkweed varieties. Partly to discourage the deer but they are also wonderful plants for butterflies! 



And we've already had visitors!




I've seen two monarchs already! So far, only the pipevine swallowtail [battus philenor] has lingered long enough for me to capture. Always a favorite!

“A garden to walk in and immensity to dream in--what more could he ask? A few flowers at his feet and above him the stars.” ― Victor Hugo, Les Misérables

What are you seeing through your lens this week?

Blessings,


Sharing inspiration here:
Nature Notes, Through My LensBird D’pot,
Saturday’s Critters, Life thru the Lens,
Wild Bird WednesdayOur World Tuesday,
Community Global, Photo Friday, Little Things Thursday;
Life-N-Reflection

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you read something here that inspired you, I’d love to hear about it. Please know I appreciate every comment! Thanks so much for stopping by! Blessings, June