Welcome

Welcome! I'm so glad you stopped by today! If you're inspired by what you see, I invite you to follow along via one (or more) of the options on the side bar below.


Monday, April 24, 2017

Inspired by . . . Life thru My Lens 17:52

My Dreamer and I were out of town last week, so I'm a bit off my regular post schedule.

Our trip didn't go at all as planned. In fact, we ended up doing something entirely different, in a completely different place.

Eastern Phoebe
But that's okay. Sometimes we need to be reminded that our future is not in our hands.
Come now, you who say, "Today or tomorrow we will go into such and such a town and spend a year there and trade and make a profit"—yet you do not know what tomorrow will bring. What is your life? For you are a mist that appears for a little time and then vanishes. Instead you ought to say, "If the Lord wills, we will live and do this or that."  (Jas 4:13-15)
That can either be an incredibly scary truth or an incredibly peaceful one.

It really depends upon your view of God.

When I consider the current state of our world, knowing that God is in control brings peace to an otherwise chaotic view. Dialing that down to our own "little worlds," I've found the result to be the same. We may want to be in control, but striving for that reality only ever left me in a continual state of worry and strife. [click to tweet]

I still make plans, but I try to do so with an open hand and open heart.

I should take a lesson from the sweet little finches that visit my yard.


Lesser-goldfinch Texas morph
Because of the destructive raccoons in my area, I wasn't able to leave my bird feeders out while I was away. Silly me, I was actually worried about the birds not having food while I was gone.


Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? (Mat 6:26)
Yes, I am more valuable than they. And God will care for me, just as He cares for the birds of the air.

In other bird news, I spotted my first ruby-throat of the season!

Ruby-throated Hummingbird
They are on their way north to a feeder near some of you! In a rare show of solidarity, I captured a few of the females eating together.



One of my favorite milkweed varieties, antelope horn, is in bloom.



This milkweed attracts a lot of different pollinators. These little butterflies are hairstreaks, the "Olive" Juniper Hairstreak, I believe. The antelope horn is a primary food source for monarch butterflies, so I'm glad to see it in abundance this year.

Nestwatch:

Mamma wren is busy feeding her babies.




I count a total of three beaks so far! They're growing fast. Be sure to come back next week for another update.



Have you made any plans lately that didn't quite work out?

What are you seeing through your lens this week?

Have a wonder-filled week,

Note: Earlier this week, my friend, Lyli, shared ten powerful promises of God that will bring you peace. You can find them here: Lylidunbar.com




Sharing inspiration here:
Nature Notes, Through My LensBird D’pot,
Saturday’s Critters, Life thru the Lens,
Wild Bird WednesdayOur World Tuesday,
Community Global, Photo Friday, Little Things Thursday
Testimony Tuesday, #TellHisStory, Life-N-Reflection,
Faith On Fire, Grace & TruthInspire Me Monday,
RaRa Link Up, Intentional Tuesday,
#WordswithWinter, Titus 2 Tuesday, Thoughtful Thursdays,
Encourage Me Monday, Wholehearted Wednesday,
Women with Intention Wednesdays, Word Filled Wednesday,
#GiveMeGrace, Sitting Among Friends, #Glimpsesofhisbeauty
Counting My Blessings, Grace Moments, Heart Encouragement,
#DancewithJesus, Life-N-Reflection

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you read something here that inspired you, I’d love to hear about it. Please know I appreciate every comment! Thanks so much for stopping by! Blessings, June