Welcome

Welcome! I'm so glad you stopped by today! If you're inspired by what you see, I invite you to follow along via one (or more) of the options on the side bar below.


Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Inspired by . . . Life thru My Lens 20:52

This past Saturday was Global Big Day! Similar to the Great Backyard Bird Count, which took place in February, Global Big Day is aimed at collecting data for worldwide conservation efforts.

I spent about four hours observing from my porch and nearby fields and was able to record sixteen species. Including one that was a new bird for me!

These pictures aren't the greatest, as I was shooting mainly for recording / identifying purposes and, in some cases, from a very long distance (125+ feet). Despite the quality, I wanted to share with you some of my sightings.


Carolina Chicadee

Lesser Goldfinch (female)

House Finch (male)

White-winged Dove

Northern Mockingbird

Gold-fronted Woodpecker (male)

Eastern Phoebe

Scissor-tail Flycatcher

Follow the tail and you'll see the head of the second bird on the nest.

New bird for me! Dickcissal

Vermillion Flycatcher (male)

Species recorded but not pictured include: Woodhouse Jay, Northern Cardinal, Black-chinned Hummingbird, Black-crested Titmouse, Red-tailed Hawk, Carolina Wren

Did you participate in Global Big Day? If so, please share in the comments.

And now a bonus for those of you still with me. Yesterday morning I spotted this brown blob about forty feet in front of the cottage. I watched it for a bit but there was no movement, so I thought it was just debris blown in by the wind. 

Imagine my delight . . .







Breakfast with Bambi. How fun!

What are you seeing through your lens this week?

Have a wonder-filled week,

Sharing inspiration here:
Nature Notes, Through My LensBird D’pot,
Saturday’s Critters, Life thru the Lens,
Wild Bird WednesdayOur World Tuesday,
Community Global, Photo Friday, Little Things Thursday

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you read something here that inspired you, I’d love to hear about it. Please know I appreciate every comment! Thanks so much for stopping by! Blessings, June