Welcome

Welcome! I'm so glad you stopped by today! If you're inspired by what you see, I invite you to follow along via one (or more) of the options on the side bar below.


Saturday, May 13, 2017

Inspired by . . .  a shift in focus

I've been spending an inordinate amount of time this past week just staring out the window. It's a nice view and there is plenty of activity to distract me but that's not what has my attention.




The truth is nothing has had my attention. I've been in a brain fog all week. Slogging through life. Frankly, the fog is still, at this very moment, trying to distract me from coherent thought. 

But I decided I had to force myself 
to
just
begin . . .

and so I'm praying that by the time you reach the end of this post there will be an inspiring message that makes sense!

As I said, I've been in a fog all week. For the first day or so I berated myself. You know, the negative self-talk. You shoulda, coulda, woulda, etc. That kind of talk puts you on the road to pity, which is dangerously close to pride. Thankfully, I read Karrilee's post just in the nick of time! Her sweet pep talk pointed me back to His list of shoulds for my life. 
"Be still, and know that I am God." (Psa 46:10)
Then I read Joy's post. She reminded me that our lives are never just about us. Friends, that perspective right there will officially end any pity party you might have been entertaining! I may not be feeling like a million bucks or be able to focus for more than a few minutes at a time, but I can still leave an encouraging comment on someone's blog. I can still post a daily devotional that shares God's love, or a picture that inspires.



Even so, we may still feel like there is so much more we should could be doing.

But sometimes life, health, or other circumstances overwhelm us and we can't do what we want to do. When I read Ruth's post this week I was reminded that there is really only one thing that is necessary. 
But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you. (Mat 6:33)
God has been so gracious this week to encourage me through the words of others, who have pointed me back to Him. My brain fog and other symptoms are likely due to a certain medication I'm taking.  But whatever it is that we're facing or struggling with today a shift in our focus can make all the difference.

Seek Him first. No matter how much time you lack in the morning, take a moment to pray.
Lord, teach me Your way, that I may walk in Your truth. Let me worship Your name with undivided heart. (Ps 86:11)
Seek Him throughout the day. Acknowledging His presence throughout the day will help you keep your perspective and bring a measure of peace to your situation.
Those who acknowledge Your name will trust in You, for You, Lord, do not abandon those who seek You. (Ps 9:10)
Seek Him last. Ending the day with words of praise and thanksgiving calms our hearts and minds to accept the rest He so graciously gives.
I bless the LORD Who gives me counsel; in the night also my heart instructs me. I have set the LORD always before me; because He is at my right hand, I shall not be shaken. Therefore my heart is glad, and my whole being rejoices; my flesh also dwells secure. For You will not abandon my soul to Sheol, or let Your holy one see corruption. You make known to me the path of life; in Your presence there is fullness of joy; at Your right hand are pleasures forevermore. (Psa 16:7-11)

The Psalms are God's prayer book. They never fail to refresh my spirit. When I don't know what to pray, they echo the cries of my heart. 


May you find encouragement in them and the Godly words of others this week.

Blessings,





No comments:

Post a Comment

If you read something here that inspired you, I’d love to hear about it. Please know I appreciate every comment! Thanks so much for stopping by! Blessings, June