Welcome

Welcome! I'm so glad you stopped by today! If you're inspired by what you see, I invite you to follow along via one (or more) of the options on the side bar below.


Thursday, June 1, 2017

Inspired by . . . a movement

I'm not usually at the forefront of a movement. In fact, I'm usually several years behind the latest fad. This may be the start of something new for me and for you . . .

My friend, Kimberlee Conway Ireton has a dream of gathering people together who love old books and the wisdom they contain. She quietly admitted in her April blog post that she has "shelved" this idea, for now.

True to her encouraging nature, our friend, Jody has taken the seedlings Kimberlee planted and coaxed them into bloom.

#ReadUpstream is that bloom. What writer isn't first a reader? and what reader, having read something that inspires them, doesn't want to share that inspiration? 

There are many blogs about "what I read last month" - the difference here is that the books in our "stream" may be a little older (perhaps wiser) or a little out of the ordinary. 


Won't you join us?



The Discipline of Grace by Jerry Bridges (2014)
I've been working through this book for months, chapter by chapter, and discussing it with a dear friend. It's so good, I often re-read the chapter before moving on to the next.

The O'Malley Series by Dee Henderson (2001)
I'm reading this series for, probably, the 3rd or 4th time. I love Dee Henderson's writing style and the practical, biblical, truths that she shares. Each of the seven O'Malley's have a different obstacle to faith. An interesting read.

Green Dolphin Street by Elizabeth Goudge (1944)
Kimberlee introduced me to Elizabeth Goudge through one of her "what I'm reading" blog posts last year. Since then I've been finding her, hard to find, books anywhere I can.

The Lost Angel by Elizabeth Goudge (1971)
A collection of short stories. A delight.



Other books in my Kindle queue include:

Sherlock Holmes: The Complete Collection by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (1887)
Such a treat! I love having this on my phone where I can grab a quick read whenever I'm in the waiting room, waiting in line, waiting for someone to get ready . . .

Whose Body? by Dorothy Sayers (1968)
The first Lord Peter Wimsey novel. I'm going to have to come back and read this again when I have time to read it all at once, or at least in a matter of days. Reading it hodge-podge has me completely lost.

Chicken Scratch: Stories of Love, Risk & Poultry by Kelly Chripczuk
I'm enjoying these amusing and heartwarming short stories by my blogger friend, Kelly Chripczuk.

Well, that's my list.  Hopefully, by this time next month, I will have finished some of these have more to share with you. I'm always looking for new (old) and unusual reads, so please share what you're reading in the comments.

You can find more #ReadUpstream posts by searching the hashtag on Google. Enjoy!


Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you read something here that inspired you, I’d love to hear about it. Please know I appreciate every comment! Thanks so much for stopping by! Blessings, June