Welcome

Welcome! I'm so glad you stopped by today! If you're inspired by what you see, I invite you to follow along via one (or more) of the options on the side bar below.


Saturday, September 2, 2017

Inspired by . . . Life thru My Lens 35:52

It's been quite a week. Being in the Texas Hill Country, the only thing Harvey gave us was a much needed, soaking rain. But thank you for all your continuing prayers for Texas!  It is so encouraging to this weary heart to see all the good shining forth through the darkness of this tragedy. 

The storm brought with it cooler temperatures and a nod to the changing season. I love fall but I admit, I'm not quite ready to say goodbye to summer. 

I've been on the lookout for early migratory birds and/or any unusual sightings from the storm. So far the only one making an appearance has been the ruby-throated hummingbird. The male makes a hasty exit whenever I pick up my camera, but the female is more than happy to flaunt her stuff! The first shot isn't the best but I like it because you can see the pollen on her beak.





The shot below was taken from a distance in an area of the garden that was untouched by the sun. I thought it produced a rather fun effect.



My garden has finally gotten over the deer devastation from earlier in the summer and I'm not the only one enjoying the blooms!


Mournful Duskywing
Cotton Candy Lantana
The mealy sage is going crazy, flaunting its purple finery for all to see.



How often do you see a roadrunner up a tree? Not very often! This is only the second time I've captured one among the branches. They make the most interesting clucking sound!




I've been blessed with a family of Woodhouse's Scrub Jays and a family of Northern Cardinals this year. It is so entertaining to watch them interact. I posted a picture of two of the young cardinals feeding each other on my IG account last week. You can find it here.



 The peanut suet is a favorite of all my yard birds.



It's hard to get a crisp shot with a swinging basket! 

The snow-on-the-mountain [also called snow-on-the-prairie] is in bloom. These plants can grow over 5ft tall! A friend on IG challenged me to post some black and white photos and this plant's delicate blooms translate beautifully!





What are you seeing through your lens this week?

Have a wonder-filled day, friends!


Sharing inspiration here:
Nature Notes, Through My LensBird D’pot,
Saturday’s Critters, Life thru the Lens,
Wild Bird WednesdayOur World Tuesday,
Community Global, Photo Friday, Little Things Thursday

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you read something here that inspired you, I’d love to hear about it. Please know I appreciate every comment! Thanks so much for stopping by! Blessings, June