Welcome

Welcome! I'm so glad you stopped by today! If you're inspired by what you see, I invite you to follow along via one (or more) of the options on the side bar below.


Thursday, October 19, 2017

Inspired by . . . Sing to Jesus: Day 19

Continuing the #write31day challenge  . . . you can find the entire series here.


Today's Reading:


Today's Offering:

I'm overwhelmed by today's readings. I could spend a day expounding on each one. Psalm 19 ends with a prayer that we would be wise to begin with:
Cleanse me of any secret fault. Hold back Your servant also from willful sins, lest they get the better of me.
The psalm begins by putting us properly in a place of humility before the awesome and awe-inspiring God we serve. (vs 1-6)

Psalm 49 reminds us that we could never pay the price for our sins. (vs 7) and assures us that God will do what we cannot. (vs 15)

Psalm 79 is a cry for national justice. This psalm is one of three that are attributed to Asaph, one of David's chief musicians. He was a Levite, in Jerusalem at the time it was overtaken by the Babylonians. 

In contrast, Psalm 109 is a cry for personal justice. I find it hard sometimes to concur with the complete lack of compassion in some of these verses. But it's important to remember that David was God's chosen and anointed king. For the same reason that David would not lift a hand against Saul, actions taken against David were viewed as being taken against God Himself.

I think it is difficult for us to see sin as the dark evil it truly is. We prefer to view things in shades of grey. [click to tweet]

Psalm 139 wraps everything neatly together. Reminding us that, "You Lord know all about it." And that no matter where we are, God is with us.

I can't decide which is the better prayer to end with, so I'm incorporating them both!

May the words of my mouth and the thoughts of my mind be acceptable to You, Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer! (Psalm 19:14)

Examine me, God, and know my mind; test me, and understand my anxious thoughts.  Watch lest I follow any path that grieves You; lead me in the everlasting way. (Psalm 139:23-24)

In the name of Jesus, Amen.

Shalom,







No comments:

Post a Comment

If you read something here that inspired you, I’d love to hear about it. Please know I appreciate every comment! Thanks so much for stopping by! Blessings, June