Welcome

Welcome! I'm so glad you stopped by today! If you're inspired by what you see, I invite you to follow along via one (or more) of the options on the side bar below.


Friday, December 29, 2017

Inspired by . . . Life thru My Lens 52:52

Welcome to the last lens of the year! I pray you all had a blessed holiday.

We had a nice quiet day. It was cold and although there was no snow, we still have our memories of the miracle from two weeks before.

We had about five inches in our part of south Texas. The first time in thirty years they say! It barely lasted 24 hours but we enjoyed every moment!



It was humbling to think that for some this was the first snow they had ever experienced and for many, it will be the only one or their last.

I thought about the animals, too. Few, if any, were alive 30 years ago. What did they think of this fluffy white material falling from the sky; coating their fur, hair, and feathers?

The flock of killdeer that had arrived for the holidays did not seem amused. The deer, on the other hand, seemed to enjoy the winter wonderland.




The snow started in the evening and I was so afraid it would be gone by morning that I was taking pictures in the dark! 




The temps stayed cold and we awoke to a blanket of peace. There is a unique silence that the snow brings to the world.








And just like Frosty wanted to run and play before he melted away, I wanted to get as many pictures as possible. The sun was bright and warm so I knew I didn't have much time!







The blessing of the snow is a memory we will cherish for many years to come. I pray that you, too, have memories from 2017 that you will carry with you into the new year.  


May 2018 bring even more memories made to cherish and hold dear.

Happy New Year!
Blessings,

Sharing inspiration here:
Nature Notes, Through My LensBird D’pot,
Saturday’s Critters, Life thru the Lens,
Wild Bird WednesdayOur World Tuesday,
Community Global, Photo Friday, Little Things Thursday

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you read something here that inspired you, I’d love to hear about it. Please know I appreciate every comment! Thanks so much for stopping by! Blessings, June