Welcome

Welcome! I'm so glad you stopped by today! If you're inspired by what you see, I invite you to follow along via one (or more) of the options on the side bar below.


Thursday, January 4, 2018

Inspired by . . .  inwardly renewed

With few exceptions, winter has been holding much of the U.S.in a death grip this last week. Except to feed the birds, I've been held captive by the warmth of my cozy cottage. Nothing but hoar frost grows in my garden now. Wasn't it just last week we had butterflies?



Time has marched on into a new year and it's not looking back. Neither are most of you. My social media feeds are filled with excitement, hope, and how-tos for 2018. It's wonderful.

Many of you are charging full on into 2018 while others of us are easing in to the new year, celebrating Christmastide and looking ahead only as far as Epiphany on Saturday.

Some of us are still licking our wounds from 2017. I took time this past weekend to sit and review my daily journal notes from last year. I knew it had been a difficult year but seeing the daily entries really brought it into focus. 

I was surprised really. Because although I have days of discouragement and despondency I am, overall, thankful, grateful and JOYful. At least, I think I am.

During this time of reflection, the truth of 2 Corinthians 4:16-18 has become real to me.
No wonder we do not lose heart! Though our outward humanity is in decay, yet day by day we are inwardly renewed. 
Our troubles are slight and short-lived, and their outcome is an eternal glory which far outweighs them, provided our eyes are fixed, not on the things that are seen but on the things that are unseen; for what is seen is transient, what is unseen is eternal. (RE)
You'll thank me, perhaps, that I'm not going to expound on all of my thoughts and reflections in one post.  I hardly know all that I want to say. Yet.

I do know this, we all face trials. The ones that convince us of the frailty of our frame and the reality of death are, I think, the hardest to bear. 

This verse doesn't deny those realities, yet it gives us direction and great hope.



Certainly, we can say goodbye to 2017 and start fresh in 2018. But not all troubles are so easily cast aside. These verses in 2 Corinthians give us a framework with which we can reset our perspective where some of our trials are concerned. 

Let's start the year off right-minded with eyes fixed on the One Who can help us overcome, or give us the grace to endure. 


Blessings,



Sharing inspiration here:
Testimony Tuesday, #TellHisStory,
Faith On Fire, Grace & Truth,
Inspire Me Monday, RaRa Link Up, Intentional Tuesday,
#WordswithWinter, Titus 2 Tuesday, Thoughtful Thursdays,
Encourage Me Monday, Wholehearted Wednesday,
Women with Intention Wednesdays, Word Filled Wednesday,
#GiveMeGrace, Sitting Among Friends, #Glimpsesofhisbeauty
Counting My Blessings, Grace Moments, Heart Encouragement
#DanceWithJesus

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you read something here that inspired you, I’d love to hear about it. Please know I appreciate every comment! Thanks so much for stopping by! Blessings, June