Welcome

Welcome! I'm so glad you stopped by today! If you're inspired by what you see, I invite you to follow along via one (or more) of the options on the side bar below.


Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Inspired by . . . Life thru My Lens 2:52

And just like that, we're in the second week of the new year. So far the weather has not been kind. From Storm Eleanor in Europe to the "bomb cyclone" along the U.S. east coast, at least half of the world has been experiencing frigid temperatures. Even Florida had snow last week!

It's wonderful book-reading and couch-potato weather. But while we're slowing to a huddle and staying in to keep warm, the animals are doubly active, foraging for the extra food they need to increase body fat, which keeps them warm!



It was nice to see the male Kestrel back again. 



A few meadowlarks have been around as well. I believe these are Eastern Meadowlarks because the malar stripe at the base of the bill is white. On the Western larks, it is yellow. (corrections welcome!) These guys are very skittish so I was pleased to get this shot.

A flock of European Starlings and cowbirds flew in for a day of foraging.



The backyard birds have been busy, too.




Mr. Cardial is looking pretty sleek in his red coat! 



The branch I had the peanut feeder hanging on came down in the heavy snow we had last month. I relocated the feeder to the front yard and have enjoyed watching the birds, especially the titmice, from my kitchen window.



Full disclaimer, all pictures were taken from the comfort of my cozy warm cottage! 

What are you seeing through your lens this week?


Have a wonder-filled day, friends!



Sharing inspiration here:
Nature Notes, Through My LensBird D’pot,
Saturday’s Critters, Life thru the Lens,
Wild Bird WednesdayOur World Tuesday,
Community Global, Photo Friday, Little Things Thursday

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you read something here that inspired you, I’d love to hear about it. Please know I appreciate every comment! Thanks so much for stopping by! Blessings, June