Welcome

Welcome! I'm so glad you stopped by today! If you're inspired by what you see, I invite you to follow along via one (or more) of the options on the side bar below.


Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Inspired by . . . Life thru My Lens 4:52


This time of the year always brings to mind a scene from the BBC version of Pride & Prejudice. Lizzy is sitting at her window, looking out over the bleak winter landscape as she pens a letter to Jane who is away in London. Being fond of the out-of-doors, Lizzy was dejected about being confined inside. But more than that, without her beloved Jane to act as a buffer between her and their ridiculous mother and sisters, the situation is downright intolerable!

Thankfully, I am not forced to sit and listen to ridiculous or obtuse people (unless you count the TV), nevertheless, I can identify with Lizzy with regard to the weather of late.

Cold, bleak winter days are a challenge for me. Especially when it is damp. The dampness does help reduce the pollen, however, so even there we find a silver lining.





That's not smoke but rather pollen coming off the cedar trees. Ah-choo!
I did take advantage of one sunny, dry day last week to escape our cozy cottage.




I enjoyed being out under the tree canopy and visiting with my friend the gold-fronted woodpecker! They are so amusing to watch! But hard to get a clear picture since they dart around so much.

One thing I love about living here is that you never know what you're going to see out the window!



It's common to see the does grazing but - wooza! - they have a gentleman friend with them today! It's hard to tell from the picture but there is actually a ledge just behind where the doe is standing in the foreground. The buck is down in the lower field. The first time I looked out all I saw was his, um, derrière!

I was so glad he came up, closer to the cottage so I could get these pictures.




I wanted to ease the door open for a clearer shot but I knew he'd be gone in an instant. Hope to see more of you, big fella!



Despite the dreary, gray days there is always beauty to be found.



This is a truth that God is consistently revealing to me.



There are lessons to be learned and blessings to be received even during the stark, bleak days of winter. I hope you'll join me later this week as I explore some of the things God is showing me and teaching me during this season.

What are you seeing through your lens this week?


Blessings,



Sharing inspiration here:
Nature Notes, Through My LensBird D’pot,
Saturday’s Critters, Life thru the Lens,
Wild Bird WednesdayOur World Tuesday,
Community Global, Photo Friday, Little Things Thursday

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you read something here that inspired you, I’d love to hear about it. Please know I appreciate every comment! Thanks so much for stopping by! Blessings, June