Welcome

Welcome! I'm so glad you stopped by today! If you're inspired by what you see, I invite you to follow along via one (or more) of the options on the side bar below.


Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Inspired by . . . Nothing Has Changed


"But take care: keep careful watch on yourselves so that you do not forget the things that you have seen with your own eyes; do not let them pass from your minds as long as you live, but teach them to your children and to your children's children." Deut 4:9
   


In the last six months things have changed for us. For some, these changes have been significant. For most, they have been unwelcome and undesired. We have experienced fear of the unknown. Financial challenges. Stress due to relational boundaries, or lack thereof. Health concerns, and for some, devastating loss.

By some degree, for all of us, life is different now.

But one thing has not changed:


GOD


Nothing about Him has changed. He still loves you. He still cares. He still saves. He still gives strength to the weary and comforts the brokenhearted.

He is still a JUST and RIGHTEOUS God. He is still on His throne. Still in control. Still the conquering King. Still coming back.

He is the same today in September of 2020 as He was in January of 2020. (and He will be the same on November 4, 2020, too!)

It's tempting to want to remember our life before COVID and lament what we have lost or missed out on. And there is certainly a place for grieving that loss.

But let us not forget, for ourselves and for our children, what God has done, what God is doing, and what God will do.


"You are my God. Show me Your favour, Lord:
I call to You all day long.
Fill Your servant's heart with joy,
for to You, Lord, I lift up my heart.
Lord, You are kind and forgiving,
full of love towards all who cry to You.
Lord, listen to my prayer
and hear my pleading.
In the day of my distress I call to You,
for You will answer me." Ps 86


When it comes down to the things that really matter, nothing has changed.

May you find comfort and hope in these truths.


Shalom.











No comments:

Post a Comment

If you read something here that inspired you, I’d love to hear about it. Please know I appreciate every comment! Thanks so much for stopping by! Blessings, June