Welcome

Welcome! I'm so glad you stopped by today! If you're inspired by what you see, I invite you to follow along via one (or more) of the options on the side bar below.


Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Inspired by... pumpkins

 

Happy Wednesday, everyone!

Yes, like everyone else in blog land, I've started working on my fall decor. I don't do Halloween, but I do like to display the bounty of the harvest! And visual reminders of gratitude, thanksgiving and praise. I don't stack hay bails and sheaves of wheat on my front porch (there's an idea!) but pumpkins and gourds of every shape, color and size usually make an appearance.

 

9-19-10 fall ladder 001

I don't know the original source for this picture. (I pretty much love everything about it!) I found it on Debra's blog, Common Ground. It was her inspiration for last year's fall display. Figures, I'm usually about a year late on everything [smile]. If you like vintage, she has some fun stuff going on for Fall, I encourage you to check out her blog.

Anyway, back to pumpkins!

I decided to start on the inside this year and since I've been on a bit of a sewing kick, I was tickled when I found a pattern for...

Fabric_Pumpkins

Amy, at the Idea Room posted this tutorial a couple of years ago. Which was based on Holly's version from the year before! (At least I'm consistent in my late-ness!)

Fabric_Pumkins_Display

I was happy with the way these turned out and really, really love the fabric. But then I saw Martha's pumpkins – and really got excited!!

158914241_RCCfzKpc_c

Although I am (really) trying to think more outside the box, I am a purist at heart and these, well, they LOOK more like pumpkins! Plus, I'm partial to purple and fun colors like that! Hey, if Martha can make a purple pumpkin...

Marthas_Fabric_Pumpkins

Pumpkin_CloseUp

Seriously, is there a color that purple doesn't complement? I think I'll have a little orange with my purple this year!

What's your favorite fall color?

 

Blessings,

Blog_Signature

 

 

 

Sharing inspiration here:

Photobucket Somewhat Simple HookingupwithHoH

 Tidy Mom

Photobucket

Chic on a Shoestring Decorating

Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous - we don't do decorating like this in Scotland for harvest. Purple and orange are colours that I love together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. June, these are beautiful! I am feeling very purple and gray this fall... I love your purple pumpkins.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a fabulous variety of pumpkins. Makes me want to head to the market this weekend and buy some for our from entry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the purple and gray too! That first pic is a favorite. I have it saved on Pinterest

    ReplyDelete
  5. June, I love the purple pumpkins! I also run on the one-year-later kinda schedule you do...I figure, at least we made it! Some never try! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would have never thought of incorporating purple into a Fall display, but it totally works! Thanks for the inspiration. I am a new follower from Tatertots and Jello. Vicky @ www.messforless.net

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the shout out, June, your purple fabric pumpkins are adorable!!! thanks so much for linking up with VIF, xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Too cute! Thanks so much for linking up at One Artsy Mama! And I agree...purple is always appropriate. It's my fave, plus I'm a Ravens fan, so I think it's a totally acceptable fall color. :)

    ReplyDelete

If you read something here that inspired you, I’d love to hear about it. Please know I appreciate every comment! Thanks so much for stopping by! Blessings, June