Welcome

Welcome! I'm so glad you stopped by today! If you're inspired by what you see, I invite you to follow along via one (or more) of the options on the side bar below.


Monday, September 26, 2011

Inspired by... topiaries

 

Topiaries are so fun! Most of us are used to the traditional, round ball-shaped topiaries, but did you know that a topiary is a plant shaped by topiary art, which just means it has been pruned (cut) into a shape. If you were to do a Google image search on the word topiary you would find all sorts of fun things! 

Here are a few of my favorites:

lion elephanttopiary12

MG19

Source

 

Like I said, FUN!! I've been wanting to make a moss ball topiary for my home all summer long and just never got around to it. When it came time to think about my Fall mantle display, topiaries came to mind again. I found the cutest container at Joann's the other week and just knew it would be perfect for three little round topiaries! But not of moss... I used leaves instead!

 

Leaf_Topiaries

I've had these leaves stored with my silk and dried flowers for sometime. I believe they are real leaves that have been treated somehow. It was a bit like working with leather! I just hot glued them to a Styrofoam ball.

Here they are in their cute container, which was on sale for $4 – score!

 

Topiaries

And here they are in my Fall mantle display!!

 

Mantle

Topiaries_Pumpkin

Along with some other items you might recognize...

 

Fabric_Pumpkins

My Fabric Pumpkins! and real, mini, pumpkins, too. So cute!

 

Mini_Pumpkin

I'm sure some of my readers are just cringing at how off balance this display is, but I fell in love with the color of this flower when I was looking through the silks at Joann's the other week and had to buy it. Thankfully it was on sale!

Flower

That completes my Fall mantle display!

What are you doing for yours?

 

Blessings,

Blog_Signature

Sharing inspiration here:

The Lettered Cottage

Photobucket

2 comments:

If you read something here that inspired you, I’d love to hear about it. Please know I appreciate every comment! Thanks so much for stopping by! Blessings, June