Welcome

Welcome! I'm so glad you stopped by today! If you're inspired by what you see, I invite you to follow along via one (or more) of the options on the side bar below.


Saturday, October 22, 2011

Inspired by... the islands

 

I've had the privilege of vacationing in Hawaii a few times and I treasure every memory (and photo!) from those trips! It was in Hawaii that I first tasted Mahi-Mahi and fell in love with this succulent, full-bodied white fish.

You can often find Mahi-Mahi at your local grocer at reasonable prices. If you're a Costco shopper, they sell a frozen Mahi-Mahi that I've had great success with in recipes like the one I'm sharing with you today.

 

TasteoftheIslands

 

Ginger Glazed Mahi-Mahi

Source: Allrecipes.com

Ingredients:

3 T honey

3 T soy sauce

3 T balsamic vinegar

1 tsp grated fresh ginger root

1 clove garlic, crushed or to taste

2 tsp olive oil

4 (6oz) mahi-mahi fillets

salt and pepper to taste

1 T vegetable oil (I use olive oil or peanut oil)

Directions:

1. Stir together the honey, soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, ginger, garlic and 2tsp olive oil.

 

Mahi_Mahi_Sauce

 

2. Season the fish fillets with salt and pepper, and place them in a shallow dish. (I actually use a sealable plastic bag for this step) If the fillets have skin on them (I use skinless), place them skin side down. Pour sauce over fillets, cover (if in a dish) and refrigerate for 20 minutes to marinate.

3. Heat vegetable oil (I use olive oil or peanut oil) in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Remove fish from the dish (or bag) and reserve marinade. Fry fish for 4 to 6 minutes on each side, turning only once, until the fish flakes easily with a fork.

 

Mahi_Mahi_Fry

 

4. Remove fillets to a serving platter and keep warm.

5. Pour reserved marinade into the skillet, and heat over medium heat until the mixture reduces to a glaze consistency. Spoon glaze over fish, and serve immediately.

 

Mahi_Mahi_Plated

Quick, easy and delicious every time!

 

What's your favorite fish?

 

Orchid

Mahalo for visiting today!

 

Aloha,

Blog_Signature

 

 

 

Sharing inspiration here:

Nap-Time Creations

2 comments:

  1. This is my favorite fish also! Not fishy one bit! I had it on my only trip over there as a child and my mom began preparing it from then on! This recipe looks wonderful and its on my list for the week now!!! Thanks so so much for posting this!!! I'm your newest "follower"!!!!

    Aimee @ ItsOverflowing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great fish, I love this, I'm not good at cooking fish, but this is wonderful! Thank you for the recipe and your lovely visit. Have a blessed Sunday. FABBY

    ReplyDelete

If you read something here that inspired you, I’d love to hear about it. Please know I appreciate every comment! Thanks so much for stopping by! Blessings, June