Welcome

Welcome! I'm so glad you stopped by today! If you're inspired by what you see, I invite you to follow along via one (or more) of the options on the side bar below.


Monday, February 2, 2015

Inspired by . . . life thru my lens 4:52 5:52

 

I didn’t even have to open Laura’s book. Just seeing it laying there was all the encouragement I needed. Camera in hand, I headed outside.

We’ve had cold temperatures, rain, and in some places snow, here in south Texas. My spirit has been rubbing up against these four walls. Aching for a sunbeam to guide my way into His greater space.

So today I go. Despite the heaviness in my chest, caused by the very nature I seek.

Walk with me?

 

AirPlant_kk_scrapit

kk_scrapit

 

Tires_kk_organic

kk_organic

 

Air_Plant

 

I’m drawn to the light. The way it dances around the edges of things. The way it changes what I see, and how I see it. Color, texture. Dark, light.

 

AirPlantCluster_kk_rainyday

kk_rainyday

 

AirPlant_kk_waterstainedframe

 

I’m drawn to the trees and their silent energy. When was the last time you just stopped, and touched a tree? Leaned against it . . . and listened?

Crazy? Maybe. But scripture tells us that “the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain” (Romans 8:22) If creation can groan, perhaps it can utter other sounds as well.

Do trees have a voice? You won’t know unless you listen.

 

OakLeaf

“There is always music amongst the trees in the Garden, but our hearts must be very quiet to hear it.”

― Minnie Aumonier

 

The heaviness in my chest forced me back inside all too soon. Icky cedar fever.

 

CedarBlossom

Thank you for walking with me, friend.

 

Blessings,

June

Sharing inspiration here:

PlayDatesGod   LTTLButton

Kim Klassen {dot com} P52 Sweet Shot Tuesday with Kent Weakley

Our_World_Tuesday

20 comments:

  1. Oh yes, June. So very much drawn to the light. In every way possible ...

    Monday blessings, friend. And a hug, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, enjoyed our walk! And I'm glad to know the heaviness in your chest was from the pollen. You had me a bit worried. I don't miss allergy season in Texas, though Louisiana gives me fits and starts every now and then. Take care, dear girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was a lovely walk. Sometimes a walk and being in the midst of light and nature helps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are some amazing pictures! Love the tires in the grasses.
    So glad you joined the linky!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish we could go on a walk together in real life, June! I think we would be fast friends! I loved your description of the trees and the way your photos captured them. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's funny just yesterday I looked and marveled at my orange trees that need to be picked, the trunks, the branches heavenly heights on the one, and the slow growth of the other one that gives us sweeter oranges. I also studied the trunks of a queen palm and noticed a baby lizard scaling it.


    And I'd already forgotten with the strain and stress of another day. Thanks for the reminder to stop and enjoy the gifts, regardless of the groaning, that are surrounding us constantly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nature is always good medicine for me - thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oops, sorry! Yes, "just" allergies! I finally went to the dr last year and got an rx and this year has been so much better. Never had allergies till I moved to Texas, lol! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the hug, friend, I can always use one. Consider yourself hugged in return :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you, Lady! Your images of Lancing Chapel made me dizzy - what an extraordinary place!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know we would be, Elizabeth! So glad you are back blogging again! Thanks for stopping by and for your sweet comment :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you, friend :) I haven't been keeping up with my "visiting" around blogland too well lately. You'll be getting an email soon...

    ReplyDelete
  13. It doesn't really take much, does it? Focusing on something outside of ourselves. Praising God for His wondrous creation - peace is sure to follow such thoughts. Blessings, Floyd, thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a wonderful reminder to slow down and enjoy the peace or "music " around us. I especially like your last quote and the picture shot through the tree branches to accompany it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you, Lisa ! That shot was my favorite, too! I sat for a long time looking at that leaf. It appears to be dangling, ready to fall, but it's really firmly fixed to the branch. A rather profound metaphor to my life! Thanks for stopping by, blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful images, and beautiful post. I missed you, and am so glad you are getting better.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I look forward to getting an email!

    Don't worry about commenting on my posts, I'm falling behind on my blogging as well lately. So much to do...so little time.
    God bless.

    ReplyDelete

If you read something here that inspired you, I’d love to hear about it. Please know I appreciate every comment! Thanks so much for stopping by! Blessings, June