Welcome

Welcome! I'm so glad you stopped by today! If you're inspired by what you see, I invite you to follow along via one (or more) of the options on the side bar below.


Thursday, December 15, 2011

Inspired by... 12 Days of Textures {Days 3 & 4}

 

Yes, I'm playing a bit of catch up here with Kim's 12 Days of Textures holiday series, with another shot from the Hawaiian archives... using Kim's Edward and Cosmo textures...

 

Poinsettia_after

The Legend of Poinsettia

Legend has it that a poor child

in Mexico having nothing to

give the Christ Child on His

birthday, gathered some weeds

into a lovely bouquet; the only

gift she had to offer.

When she brought her gift to the manager

this simple weed was transformed

into a brilliant red bloom ~ the poinsettia!

Now known as the beautiful

"Flower of the Holy Night"

 

It was so neat to find poinsettia's growing in people's backyards!  Even in balmy Hawaii, they spoke "Christmas" to me. Their bold red and green are one of my favorite symbols of the holiday.

 

Do you have a favorite holiday "symbol" ?

 

Blessings,

Blog_Signature

 

Sharing inspiration here:

12DAYSBANNERpost

and then, she {snapped}

 

 

 

 

 

2 comments:

  1. love the legend of poinsettia and your photo is absolutely beautiful!

    happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the The Legend of Poinsettia, I have printed on a Christmas decoration that I have back a my parents' in Italy. Thanks for posting it here, with your beautiful image. Poinsettia is my fave Christmas flower :)

    ReplyDelete

If you read something here that inspired you, I’d love to hear about it. Please know I appreciate every comment! Thanks so much for stopping by! Blessings, June