Welcome

Welcome! I'm so glad you stopped by today! If you're inspired by what you see, I invite you to follow along via one (or more) of the options on the side bar below.


Sunday, December 4, 2011

Inspired by... the nativity

 

Somewhere along the way, I've acquired a collection of nativities.  I have nativities from several different countries, traditional, non-traditional (like snowmen and mice), and made out of everything from glass to plastic canvas.  But no matter what material they're made out of or what creature might be portraying the Holy family, there is one thing they all have in common: they all produce the same feeling of reverence and awe inside of me when I gaze upon the baby in the manger.

 

Snow_Baby_Nativity

"While they were there the time came for her to have her baby, and she gave birth

to a son, her firstborn. She wrapped him in swaddling clothes, and laid him in a manager..."

Luke 2:6-7

 

It matters not that much of the traditional Christmas "story" likely didn't take place the way we depict it and recite it to our children. It's unlikely Jesus was born in a stable and that Mary rode in on a donkey, nine months pregnant and gave birth the very night they arrived in Bethlehem. The wise men (we assume three) probably showed up two years after the birth.

But none of these probabilities change the fact that God humbled Himself and became a man for the sole purpose of saving my wretched soul.

The baby in the manger reminds me of that awesome Truth every time. I hope He always does.

 

What comes to your mind when you look at baby Jesus?

 

Blessings,

Blog_Signature

 

 

 

Sharing inspiration here:

2 comments:

  1. Love this post.

    I am reminded that His birth sealed my salvation and my eternal home in the Kingdom. And for that I am eternally grateful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Christmas is such a wonderful time! He humbled Himself for me!

    ReplyDelete

If you read something here that inspired you, I’d love to hear about it. Please know I appreciate every comment! Thanks so much for stopping by! Blessings, June