Welcome

Welcome! I'm so glad you stopped by today! If you're inspired by what you see, I invite you to follow along via one (or more) of the options on the side bar below.


Friday, August 8, 2014

Inspired by . . . His peace

 

 

For it pleased the Father that in Him all the fullness should dwell,

and by Him to reconcile all things to Himself, by Him,

whether things on earth or things in heaven, having made peace through the blood of His cross. Col 1:19-20

 

The hummingbirds are making war over the sweet nectar suspended from my porch and I’m sitting here thinking about peace.

 

2Hummer_BlueRhapsody

pdpa_bluerhapsody

 

World peace.

It’s what everyone wants . . .

Right?

I mean, if you were to ask the question, “If you could have anything, not for yourself, but for the world, what would it be?” Wouldn’t they answer: world peace? Wouldn’t you?

I haven’t checked the statistics, but I’ll bet it’s close to 9 out of 10 people.

Peace.

World peace.

It’s the answer to everything.

Right?

These wars and rumors of wars are setting the stage for the enemy’s grand finale.

Peace.

 

2Hummers_OldWorldCharm

pdpa_OldWorldCharm

 

It’s his ace-in-the-hole, you know. He’s going to offer us world peace in the prettiest little package. All tied up with a bow.

And we’re going to be so weary of the fighting, the suffering, the death that we’re going to accept his offer faster than Eve snatched that apple from the tree.

And it will be the end of life as we now know it.

 

Watching_SOOC

SOOC

 

The peace offered then will be just as false as the peace the world offers to us now.

The “if only” peace that breeds a cancer of ingratitude that eventually consumes the heart in which it lives, turning it to stone.

I beg you, do not accept the peace that the world offers.

Now, or then.

True peace comes only for God.

 

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you.

Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. John 14:27

 

Jesus has already given it to you. Enter into His peace with JOY.

Do not ever doubt it – though the lights may go out and the world may turn dark and cold.

 

You will keep Him in perfect peace,
Whose mind is stayed on You,
Because he trusts in You.
Isaiah 26:3

 

FemaleFlying

SOOC

 

We have His promise, that . . .

 

He who has begun a good work in you

will complete it

until the day of Jesus Christ Phil 1:6

 

Shalom,

Blog_Signature

Sharing inspiration here:

Renewed Daily - Recommendation Saturday

Essential-Fridays4-700x700 Diane W. Bailey

9 comments:

  1. ... I so love these little babies. and oh ... those wings!

    loveliest weekend beauties to you, dear friend.

    ;-}

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my dear christian friends posted on FB today how she has literally been in tears reading and hearing about world events. It is very sad and hard to bear, but this is how the end was designed to play out. Right? My problem is: do we pray for peace, or for the Lord to hasten his return? I've just been asking for prayers for world leaders and for God's will.

    On a happier note, I so enjoyed your hummingbird shots!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's hard, so hard, to not shut my eyes and ears to current events and pretend that all is as beautiful as my backyard. Yet I can't. And all I can do is groan. Mercy, God. Mercy.

    Thanks for capturing these hummingbirds to make me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "He prepares a table before me in the presence of my enemies." That's the peace of God. We live among our enemies and yet we have protection and provision as He provides it, not them. Our peace comes from within, what we know by faith, regardless of the circumstances we face. Wise words, sister. There is no true peace outside the will of our Father.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you signed off with "shalom," June. Peace is more than the absence of war, isn't it? Shalom is wholeness, completeness, well-being that can only come with Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your words are timely and a comfort. Thanks for the lovely photos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This world needs His peace. Praying for all of those who are suffering today.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for speaking truth. I'm greatly concerned that too many believers are more influenced by the culture than the Bible and will be gullible to the enemy's deception because of it. God help us!

    ReplyDelete
  9. easy enough to get inspired by this bird. :)

    ReplyDelete

If you read something here that inspired you, I’d love to hear about it. Please know I appreciate every comment! Thanks so much for stopping by! Blessings, June