Welcome

Welcome! I'm so glad you stopped by today! If you're inspired by what you see, I invite you to follow along via one (or more) of the options on the side bar below.


Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Inspired by . . . Life thru My Lens 20:52

The weather is the hottest thing on the news right now, and none of it good. Here in south Texas it’s been another week of dodging raindrops and slip-sliding through the mud. But I’m not complaining about the rain. No, sir, I learned my lesson in that regard.

What I am doing is making the most of the sunlit moments, and those quiet moments after the rain when the world is washed clean and smells fresh and new again.

 

BlueSage

 

Blue-eyedGrass

Blue-eyed Grass

 

Sunlit moments, more often than not, involve chasing butterflies. I have some new species for you this week.

 

Common_Buckeye

Common Buckeye (Junonia coenia)

 

Variegated_Fritillary

Variegated Fritillary (Euptoieta claudia)

 

Variegated_Fritillary2

Variegated Fritillary (Euptoieta claudia)

 

OrangeSulphurButterfly

Orange Sulphur (my best guess) (Colias eurytheme)

 

The Antelope Milkweed is nearly spent, so the Gray Hairstreaks are gettin’ all they can while the gettin’ is good! How many do you see?

 

AntelopeMilkweed

 

The quiet moments after the storms are more reflective. Like contemplating the beauty of a blossom, on such an ill-mannered plant, the prickly pear cactus . . .

 

PricklyPearCactus

PricklyPearBlossom

 

. . . and studying the life of Paul. Who faced no shortage of storms in his life. God often uses the apostle Paul to encourage me. This week, God has shown me that although the circumstances may not be okay, I can, and will be okay.

Do you remember last week when I talked about the rope? Well, here’s a little gem from Beth Moore, from my study this week:

Psalm 62:5 encourages us to wait ONLY upon God, our expectation is from Him. That word, expectation, in Hebrew is tiqvâh. It literally means, cord or attachment. We are never to give up HOPE, my friend.

 

ConeflowerCollage

 

We may not always find our answers, but we can always find our God.

He will love and comfort us until the answers come.

***

My soul, wait thou only upon God; for my expectation is from Him.

He only is my rock and my salvation:

He is my defense; I shall not be moved.

In God is my salvation and my glory:

the rock of my strength, and my refuge, is in God.

Trust in Him at all times; ye people,

pour out your heart before Him:

God is a refuge for us. Selah.
Psa 62:5-8

 

Shalom,

June

 

Sharing inspiration here:

#GiveMeGrace

LTTLButton  Our_World_Tuesday

NatureNotes  P52 Sweet Shot Tuesday with Kent Weakley

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you read something here that inspired you, I’d love to hear about it. Please know I appreciate every comment! Thanks so much for stopping by! Blessings, June