Welcome

Welcome! I'm so glad you stopped by today! If you're inspired by what you see, I invite you to follow along via one (or more) of the options on the side bar below.


Monday, June 8, 2015

Inspired by . . . do you not see?

Someone had forgotten to pack their lunch. I wonder which disciple was in charge of making sure they brought enough bread and cheese. Whomever it was, they had likely been so distracted by the debate between Jesus and the Pharisees that he had let them get away with only a single loaf.

 

EngelmannDaisy

 

As they sailed, Jesus sat down and began to teach them; warning them about the insidious nature of the Pharisees. But the disciples were too distracted by their grumbling bellies to listen. Although they had just witnessed Jesus feed four thousand people with seven loaves and a few fish, they were dismayed over having one loaf of bread between them!

 

And Jesus, aware of this, said to them, "Why are you discussing the fact that you have no bread?

Do you not yet perceive or understand? Are your hearts hardened?

Having eyes do you not see, and having ears do you not hear?

And do you not remember? When I broke the five loaves for the five thousand,

how many baskets full of broken pieces did you take up?"

They said to Him, "Twelve." "And the seven for the four thousand,

how many baskets full of broken pieces did you take up?"

And they said to Him, "Seven." And He said to them, "Do you not yet understand?"
Mar 8:17-21


 

EngelmannDaisy2

 

Do you ever marvel at the patience of our Lord?

I wonder how often He’s shown me something, and yet when I begin to hunger, I look to everything but Him to satisfy me. . . how many times, He’s spoken to me through His word, yet I’ve failed to hear. . . seen the miracle, yet failed to understand.

Many, many times, I am sure.

Thanks be to God that His mercies are new every morning! that each day I can begin anew. I can express my sorrow over my past failings, receive His forgiveness and rest in His promise that understanding will come.

If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God,

Who gives generously to all without reproach,

and it will be given him. Jas 1:5

 

Sometimes understanding doesn’t come as quickly as we would like. We are people of action, the culture of “I want it now,” or at least in the next five minutes, people. But sometimes, what He’s teaching us today, is meant to be treasured up. Like gems carefully selected and set aside.

I’m reminded of what Corrie ten Boom said in the first chapter of her book, The Hiding Place:

“I know that the experiences of our lives, when we let God use them, become the mysterious and perfect preparation for the work He will give us to do.”

Much of what we learn is in preparation for something. Just as Jesus was preparing the disciples for what was to come, He is preparing us through His word and our experiences.

 

EngelmannDaisy3

 

May we be ever prayerful for eyes that see, ears that hear and the patience for spiritual understanding.

Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for Him; Psa 37:7

 

Blessings,

Blog_Signature 

 

Sharing inspiration here:

#TellHisStory

PlayDatesGod Holly Barrett

Thought-Provoking-Thursday-Button

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you read something here that inspired you, I’d love to hear about it. Please know I appreciate every comment! Thanks so much for stopping by! Blessings, June