Welcome

Welcome! I'm so glad you stopped by today! If you're inspired by what you see, I invite you to follow along via one (or more) of the options on the side bar below.


Thursday, June 11, 2015

Inspired by . . . encounter with a Queen

There is a set of stairs that leads up into the treetops. They lead to a dream that will never be . . . at least not at the top of these stairs.
But the stairs remain, even as the dream fades, and I like to climb them, up, up, up into the treetops and sit.

It’s a grand view, and makes you think romantic thoughts about living in trees and talking to birds and unconventional things like that.

The bad thing, of course, is that you eventually have to come down.

Sometimes you come down too fast and your head is still feeling all romantic and breezy and you forget that even when you’re on the ground it’s important to look down.

Because royalty doesn’t just live in trees.

 

Queen_Butterfly2

Queen Butterfly Danaus gilippus

 

Sometimes, you find it clinging to a milkweed plant.

 

Queen_Butterfly1

 

Thankfully, my now less breezy self remembered to check for fire ants before bowing {kneeling} down.

This Queen was up to something . . .

 

Queen_Butterfly4

Queen_Butterfly6

Queen_Butterfly5

Have you guessed ?

 

Queen_Butterfly7

She’s laying her eggs!

I decided to give her some privacy. I went back 20 minutes later, hoping to get egg pictures, but she was still there - - we had flooding rains the next day, so I don’t know if any the eggs survived.

It was getting late, but I kneeled down for one last shot . . .

 

Queen_Butterfly3

 

She opened her wings wide, catching the light of the setting sun, and smiled at me.

 

"Some people talk to animals. Not many listen though. That's the problem." A.A. Milne

 

Shalom,

Blog_Signature

 

Sharing inspiration here:

NatureNotes     Our_World_Tuesday

     Life Thru the Lens at Lisa Kerner-Simply Living Photography Little by Little

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you read something here that inspired you, I’d love to hear about it. Please know I appreciate every comment! Thanks so much for stopping by! Blessings, June