Welcome

Welcome! I'm so glad you stopped by today! If you're inspired by what you see, I invite you to follow along via one (or more) of the options on the side bar below.


Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Inspired by . . . ten minutes of breathless

I had just finished saying goodbye to my sweet man, when I turned back toward the cottage and there he was . . .

. . . dancing from bud to blossom. A bit of sunshine, laced with night. His tail dipped in sky and scarlet.

My camera might as well have been on the moon for all the good it was doing inside the cottage.

I knew this fairy-like creature to be fickle. Any movement in his direction would likely mean loss.

I stood for a moment, mesmerized and thankful, before deciding I had to try!

It was still there when I reached the door and slipped inside. Camera now in hand, I peaked outside, disappointment at the ready.

Delight!

Planting that butterfly weed was one of the best decisions I’ve made all year!

I spent the next ten minutes standing on my porch, motionless except for my trigger finger, in a state of pure JOY, as he danced with the hummingbirds {he is bigger than a hummingbird!!} and drank from my flowers.

 

GiantSwallowtail3

Giant Swallowtail

GiantSwallowtail2

 

GiantSwallowtail1

 

GiantSwallowtail4

 

GiantSwallowtail5

 

Have you ever watched a butterfly dance with a hummingbird?

 

What are you seeing through your lens this week?

 

Have a wonder-filled day,

Blog_Signature

 

Sharing inspiration here:

Life Thru the Lens at Lisa Kerner-Simply Living Photography     NatureNotes
P52 Sweet Shot Tuesday with Kent Weakley Little by Little

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you read something here that inspired you, I’d love to hear about it. Please know I appreciate every comment! Thanks so much for stopping by! Blessings, June