Welcome

Welcome! I'm so glad you stopped by today! If you're inspired by what you see, I invite you to follow along via one (or more) of the options on the side bar below.


Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Inspired by . . . word craft

It’s been a long time since I’ve talked about The Books here on the blog. Over a year, in fact. Many of you may not even know that I’ve written a book, let alone seven of them. Life has a way of rearranging your priorities for you sometimes. Besides writing here on the blog, the book writing has taken a backseat to family and other responsibilities.

 

“I believe God made me for a purpose, but He also made me fast.

And when I run I feel His pleasure.” ~Eric Liddell

 

I’m not saying God made me a great writer, like He made Eric Liddell a great runner, but when I am writing, either here for the blog, or on one of the many stories God has given me, I feel His pleasure. I know, without a doubt, that it is God’s will for me to write.

Knowing God’s will for your life is one thing, doing it is quite another.

My sweet man and I are working toward the goal of freeing up more of my time for writing. And I have goals when it comes to the individual books as well. But right now those goals are moving targets. That’s why you don’t find me making announcements and projecting release dates here on the blog. If/when I set a date it’s going to be one I can stick to, a promise I can fulfill, both to myself and to my readers.

In the meantime, for those of you who are interested, here is a recap of what is available, and what’s in the works:

 

Available now:

Starflower_250H                                                   HD_Cover_250H                                             G4M_New_250H

Starflower, contemporary Christian Fiction                  Heart’s Desire, historical Christian Fiction              Gladness for Mourning, historical Christian Fiction

 

In the works:

NT_Cover

No Tomorrow, contemporary Christian Fiction (Pacific Gem Series, Book One)

(I’m considering releasing this as a six-part eBook mini series - what do you think?)

Gladness for Mourning - eBook version

Pearl of Great Price, contemporary Christian Fiction, two-book saga

Unmerited Favor, contemporary Christian Fiction (Friends of Faith Series, Book One)

So there they are. The seven. All complete, save for the editing on the last three.

I won’t go so far as to say the writing is the easy part, but it is my JOY. The rest is the hard part. Finding an editor, promoting the books, and dealing with the publishers. The “tooting of one’s horn” so to speak. The selling/marketing. Pure torture. So for now I’m leaving that up to my fearless agent, Jonathan Graham, and God’s timing.

And I’m praying for more time to focus on the writing, and getting the stories into the hands of the people who need to read them.

Maybe that’s you?

Blessings,

Blog_Signature

 

Sharing inspiration here:

Playdates with God, Testimony Tuesday, #TellHisStory,

Thought Provoking Thursday, Grace & Truth, Weekend Whispers,

Inspire Me Monday, RaRa Link Up, Intentional Tuesday,

#WordswithWinter, Titus 2 Tuesday, Thoughtful Thursdays,

Encourage Me Monday, Wholehearted Wednesday,

Women with Intention Wednesdays, Word Filled Wednesday,’'

#GiveMeGrace, Still Saturday

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you read something here that inspired you, I’d love to hear about it. Please know I appreciate every comment! Thanks so much for stopping by! Blessings, June