Welcome

Welcome! I'm so glad you stopped by today! If you're inspired by what you see, I invite you to follow along via one (or more) of the options on the side bar below.


Saturday, January 16, 2016

Inspired by . . . Listening

Late last year my sweet friend, Donna Hopkins, introduced me to Jeanne Oliver and her creative network. Specifically, Donna was inviting me to join Jeanne's free online course: Listening / Finding the Quiet which was to begin in January.

If you've been around here any length of time, you know that quiet is my chocolate.

Of course, I signed up.

I'm woefully behind, but that's okay. I'm watching the videos at my own pace; tucking away the words that resonate and discarding those that don't.

Today I wanted to share with you some of my take-a-ways from the first few videos. I'm doing this for a couple of reasons;

First, writing out my notes further cements them in my mind and on my heart. If writing is the painting of the voice {a quote I recently posted on FB} then this is when God speaks to me more deeply, with His voice.


Secondly, it is my prayer that those things that speak to my heart, will speak to yours as well.


And so we begin . . . .


Jeanne, herself, begins the series with a personal video about praying big, and the big faith that results. Because of a particular situation happening in my life right now, I could relate to a lot of what Jeanne shared.

This is about listening. About finding quiet in the midst of doing life. We don't always have the luxury of stepping away to a quiet place to listen for God's voice. When He calls us to step out of the boat - things can get loud! The waves are crashing and the thunder is rolling. But if we keep our eyes on Jesus and take His hand, by consistent prayer and the reading of His word, we can hear His instruction and move forward.

Sometimes, as we're navigating the waters, God will close a door. Sometimes, it's a door we were certain God wanted us to walk through. We were wrong. God has something better. One of the best take-a-ways from Jeanne's video was that when these disappointments happen we need to go back to the point where we know we heard God clearly. Begin again from there. Keep a list of what we know to be true. About ourselves, the situation, and God. When the waters get murky, focus on those truths, until the way is clear again.

Good stuff, right? It's so easy to get discouraged and start to sink, like Peter did when he took his eyes off Jesus. That's the key, my friend. It's all about Jesus.





Well, I really only ended up sharing from Jeanne's video, but I hope these thoughts have inspired you. 

What are some truths you cling to when the enemy shoots his fiery darts dipped in poisonous lies? Have you ever prayed for something that was in no way achievable without the Lord's intervention? What happened?


Blessings,




Sharing inspiration here:
Playdates with God, Testimony Tuesday, #TellHisStory,
Thought Provoking Thursday, Grace & Truth, Weekend Whispers,
Inspire Me Monday, RaRa Link Up, Intentional Tuesday,
#WordswithWinter, Titus 2 Tuesday, Thoughtful Thursdays,
Encourage Me Monday, Wholehearted Wednesday,
Women with Intention Wednesdays, Word Filled Wednesday,
#GiveMeGrace, Still Saturday

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you read something here that inspired you, I’d love to hear about it. Please know I appreciate every comment! Thanks so much for stopping by! Blessings, June