Welcome

Welcome! I'm so glad you stopped by today! If you're inspired by what you see, I invite you to follow along via one (or more) of the options on the side bar below.


Friday, April 15, 2016

Inspired by . . . Psalm 129

What trial are you facing today, friend?

Big or small, I know there is something you're dealing with. There are always a few clouds whisping about, trying to cover our sun.

No clouds in your sky? Everything rosy and bright? I'm glad, truly I am. However, it's likely they'll be a puff on the horizon soon.

As I meditated on Psalm 129 this week, it brought me comfort and hope for these trying times.




A Song of Ascents. "Greatly have they afflicted me from my youth"— let Israel now say—"Greatly have they afflicted me from my youth, yet they have not prevailed against me. The plowers plowed upon my back; they made long their furrows." The LORD is righteous; He has cut the cords of the wicked. May all who hate Zion be put to shame and turned backward! Let them be like the grass on the housetops, which withers before it grows up, with which the reaper does not fill his hand nor the binder of sheaves his arms, nor do those who pass by say, "The blessing of the LORD be upon you! We bless you in the name of the LORD!" (Psa 129:1-8)
The psalm is referring to Israel's constant affliction, and the psalmist cries out for the Lord to destroy their enemies. But these words can be claimed by any true believer of Christ.

The psalm encourages us, while in our current trial, to remember our former afflictions, and to be comforted and assured of God's deliverance. Keeping a prayer journal, saving a token, or creating some type of memorial are great ways of remembering God's faithfulness to us.

As I read the words, "The plowers plowed upon my back," I'm reminded of what Christ endured for me. For you. No matter what we're going through, He has been there. And overcome.

Whether the trials we face are of our own making, are the consequences of choices made by others, or are just realities of this fallen world, by His power, we too, will overcome. Amen?

Romans 12 encourages us to pray for the salvation of our enemies, but that doesn't mean that we shouldn't call upon God to avenge evil. No matter our circumstance, no matter the outcome, His word reminds us that He alone is just. He alone is righteous.

We can count on God to redeem all. 

Beginning with us.


Shalom,





Sharing inspiration here:
Small WondersTestimony Tuesday, #TellHisStory,
Thought Provoking Thursday, Grace & Truth, Let Us Walk Worthy,
Inspire Me Monday, RaRa Link Up, Intentional Tuesday,
#WordswithWinter, Titus 2 Tuesday, Thoughtful Thursdays,
Encourage Me Monday, Wholehearted Wednesday,
Women with Intention Wednesdays, Word Filled Wednesday,
#GiveMeGrace, Sitting Among Friends, Winsome Wednesday

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you read something here that inspired you, I’d love to hear about it. Please know I appreciate every comment! Thanks so much for stopping by! Blessings, June