Welcome

Welcome! I'm so glad you stopped by today! If you're inspired by what you see, I invite you to follow along via one (or more) of the options on the side bar below.


Sunday, May 8, 2016

Inspired by . . . A Mother's Love

We don't need an official holiday to honor our Mothers. I hope that my mom knows she is loved and appreciated every day of the year. But I do take the opportunity, on the "official" Mother's Day, to acknowledge her.

This year, I made my mom a card, and wrote her a poem.



It's not a very good poem. I am not a poet by any stretch of the imagination. And if you asked me to write a haiku, I would probably say, "Gesundeit!" But I know my mom will like the poem I wrote.

Because that's what mom's do. They love you. They cheer you on. They see the best in you. They like your bad poetry.


Me and Mom, late 1990's
The note on the back of the picture above says it was taken in June, so we were probably celebrating our birthdays, which are one day apart. I know, we look like twins, right ?

This was my mom on her birthday last year.



I hope I age as well. Happy Mother's Day, Mom, I love you!

Some of you are honoring your mother's memory today.

I never had the privilege of knowing my Dreamer's mother. But from all that he has shared with me, I feel like I know her.

Ava Elaine

She was a sweet woman, who endured much in her life. She loved her son. 

I love hearing my Dreamer talk about his mom and share his memories with me. So much of who he is today is because of her.

This is one of my Dreamer's favorite pictures of his mom, dad and grandmother. Probably taken around 1936, after they were married, but before the kids came along.


They were just kids themselves, really, with their whole lives ahead of them. Having a family changes things. It's hard to think of our parents as having once been "young". Of them having dreams and passions the way that we do. They sacrifice a lot for us.

Today is a day to remember and honor those sacrifices. However small, however large. Each mom is different, but no less special.

If you're reading this wishing you had a mother worthy of honoring, I encourage you to take a look at your life. Chances are there has been someone, at some time, who showed you a Mother's Love.

But regardless of how we've been loved by others, there is one Love we can always count on.
It is the LORD who goes before you. He will be with you; He will not leave you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed." (Deu 31:8)
No man shall be able to stand before you all the days of your life. Just as I was with Moses, so I will be with you. I will not leave you or forsake you. (Jos 1:5)
The Old Testament promises belong to all faithful servants of God. His promises are unchanging and true.  

Today, as we honor all those who have been mothers to us, let us remember the One Who has blessed us with their presence in our lives.

Happy Mother's Day





No comments:

Post a Comment

If you read something here that inspired you, I’d love to hear about it. Please know I appreciate every comment! Thanks so much for stopping by! Blessings, June